1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Followed the directions -- still won't fit to 4.7gig DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by E7O, Nov 7, 2002.

1. E7O

E7O Guest

Ok I used SmartRipper to get the .vob files.

I used DVD2AVI to convert video and audio.

I then used TMPGEnc to make the .mpg file.

Now I use the latest version of Nero to create a playable DVD on my DVD player (not computer DVD).

Using Nero I want to create a playable DVD -- using the wizard to create a menu. Once I import the .mpg to the menu the size is too large to fit on a 4.7gig DVD.

Where am I going wrong? Is there another program I should be using?

Thank you for your help.

2. vikodin

vikodin Guest

You mention importing an .mpg ... but standalone DVD players can only play .vob files, not .mpgs. After TMPGEnc you need to author your .m2v files in something like DVD Maestro or SpruceUp to convert them into back into .vobs ...

Regarding your question about file sizes, I'm not sure what you're doing wrong. I'd just advise you to keep an eye out on the total byte size of all your files. Keep them all in one folder and make sure they don't go over 4,700,000,000 bytes (right-click on the folder and select "Properties"). Your video file should be around 3 billion bytes.

Actually you have a little less than 4.7 billion bytes total ... can't remember the exact number, but I'll try to post it later.