1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For some channels signal strength is stable whereas for others its fluctuating (LNB or dish problem)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by B2K420, Dec 27, 2011.

1. B2K420

B2K420 Member

Hello all,
    I am using universal LNB. On the DM800 some channels are showing alot of signal strength (68%) and others (fluctuate between 0 and 40 and sometimes it will stay at 40% for a while then it shall drop to 0). Its strange the way some channels signal strength drops whereas others stay stable. Please can you tell me if it is a dish problem or LNB?

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

sounds like the dish needs to be tightend up, its moving about perhaps, just have a look and see if its loose or any cable are loose

3. B2K420

B2K420 Member

Thanks very much for your reply. Done that, dish is solid and the cables are not loose.
    The signal strength is not fluctuating anymore even though I did not do anything.

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

this happens when dish is not perfectly aligned. you are just on the edge of the satellite beam so some channels will drop while some will be just ok but not perfect. as in previous post do what i say to properly align dish

5. B2K420

B2K420 Member

Thanks very much for that. I shall do that once the weather is better.