1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Format or Media Conversion for 5:1 Audio

Discussion in 'Audio' started by DanoTime, Mar 27, 2003.

1. DanoTime

DanoTime Guest

First, my objective: I love Dark Side of the Rainbow: http://www.geocities.com/avroom2002/darksideoftherainbow.htm
    Then I noticed the Remastered Floyd SACD: http://www.msnbc.com/news/890499.asp?0bl=-0
    Wouldn't it be great if I could upgrade my tape version to a DVD?
    What are the methods one would suggest to perform this; I would like 5:1 audio played while "synched" to the Video. I have the Video editing capabilities - so what are the processes and pratfalls with moving the Audio to DVD mastering program? Can I rip the entire audio - no compression?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2003
  2. DanoTime

DanoTime Guest

Well, I guess no-one knows... huh? I just thought this was a forum for all audio questions - not just for "How to make an MP3 CD" or "Gosh, How do I edit a wav file?!?" Could I ask one more question? <b>Where</b> would I go to discuss issues concerning SACD and AC3 ripping - any suggestions?

3. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

I've heard questions entailing dark side of the moon to be burned as the audio for the wizard of oz, and the general configuration is to rip a dvd and rip the audio, use besweet(found on this site) to reencode the audio and some editing program to synch the audio and video, I have never heard of a way to work with SACD and if I remember correctly it was supposed to be copy-protected (or was that dvd-audio) even if it does not have copy protection I am not sure if a SACD would even be able to be ripped to the computer in order to do what you want. I really am not sure that you mean to synch dark side of the mood with wizard of oz but it sounds like you are. Your procedure is complicated by the fact thay you are (1) not ripping the dvd but copying you vhs and (2) you mentioned SACD which not many people have much experience in. Perhaps you could just use the cd verion of pink floyd's masterpiece, that way many people could tell you their methods.