1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formatting finalized cdrw

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Ratsey, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Ratsey

Ratsey Member

I burned a crdw as a vcd using ezcd creator. The disk works fine. However, now I want to format this cd to make another vcd and I can't.
    In explorer the disk is labeled as a cd-r, and when I chose format the format screen comes up and I click ok and then the screen just disappears. The disk remains unformatted.

I'm new to this entire thing and this might be a very simple issue. I finalized this cd, does this make it unformattable forever? Is there some kind of utility to unformat a cdrw?

Is there no point to making vcd's on cdrw? I assumed that I'd have to finalize this disk to play in the dvd player and as I said earlier it works fine. Maybe if finalizing is the issue here might I be able to play an unfinalized cdrw in my dvd player?

I have Nero and ezcd creator and neither of them want to format this disk. Thanks for any advice you have.

Note: I know there is a bit of vcd questioning in this post, but the main topic I believe belongs here.

2. HaroldW

HaroldW Guest

In Nero go to Recorder >> Erase ReWritable and click erase. Sometimes Quick-Erase does not work, if that is the case try full erase.

3. Ratsey

Ratsey Member

Hmmm, you know in the screen that pops up after you click erase? The one that I assume is supposed to show you the available drives to erase? There's nothing in that box...

So what you're saying tho, is that I should be able to format a finalized cdrw right? you think it's just a crappy disk? The brand is 'Mr. Write.'

4. Ratsey

Ratsey Member

My mistake... This used cdr drive I bought is just that... A cdr, not a cdrw. Duh, sorry to waste your time.