1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

free cd copying software

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by johnviv, Oct 29, 2007.

1. johnviv

johnviv Member

hi all
    im new to computers so bear with me
    is there any free software which i can copy my cds music as a backup
    other than windows media player,
    i would like to put the original cd in the computer and let the software tell me to put a blank cd in for copying,
    is there any such free software
    many thanks.
    johnviv.

2. Enigma885

Enigma885 Member

well if u mean to make an image of ur cds -regarless to the kind of data- There r many programs to do so..
    u need a freeware so choose Ashampoo® Burning Studio 7 it's not a freeware but as it's somehow new program they offer licenses with an extended free days just fill a small registration and they will send u ur license .

BUT Audio CDs in general are protected ..i dunno how Ashampoo deals with that when making an image..just give it a try

To get ur license key http://www2.ashampoo.com/webcache/html/1/trial_step_1_2290_2.htm

To download the program
    http://www.download.com/Ashampoo-Bu...531.html?part=dl-AshampooB&subj=dl&tag=button

3. johnviv

johnviv Member

thanks enigma885
    i will wait to see if anybody comes up with a freeone
    many thanks again.
    johnviv.

4. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

It helps to know what OS your pc is running and to make sure you do have a cd burner included. I would say try searchin over on www.freewarefiles.com, aplusfreeware.com or the software tab uptop of the page and see whats available there.

5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

johnviv, most new drives etc. come with a free nero disc maybe you can come up with one friends etc. . I have several lying around i don't use/need PM me if you want one

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  6. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

You can rip the CD to mp3 using CDEX and then burn the resulting mp3s using Jet Audio Basic. Or you can do it all with Jet Audio Basic. Jet Audio is pretty cool program with lots of features. I think you might enjoy it.