1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Window's Security Software! :- ) *UPDATED*

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by rav009, Jan 22, 2006.

1. drunkeyez

drunkeyez Member

krazymale i installed these removers but still they cudnt kill that... my prob is cant open drives (drives D: E: F:) n when do right click on drive it shows weird characters...

2. aveesh

aveesh Member

Hi,

Excellent stuff. I also wanted to mention here that these days Vundo is a major threat. I am not an expert but certainly a safe and knowledgeable user.

I got infected by Vundo and it was particularly hard (I had never removed a process with hooks to winlogon.exe before)

AV software (Antivir/AVG) detected it but could not remove it. Neither could Adware or Spybot or spyblaster. Ultimately it was a well written wiki article below that helped me (and pointed me to afterdawn's forums)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:HijackThis_Nerd/Vundo

I actually think that you guys are excellent and should post more on the wiki. I have a firefox extension that along with google search results shows me a page from the wiki - that is how i was able to get rid of Vundo....

cheers

3. Krazymale

Krazymale Regular member

Check the following link:
    http://en.sergiwa.com/modules/news/

& download:
    PRT - Perlovga Removal Tool v2.0

4. drunkeyez

drunkeyez Member

krazymale i tried that tool but it didnt help... now im having new problem :(... system keep shuting down after a while. specially when i download anything or open cmd prompt or regedit...
    any suggestions for dat?
    cheerzzz

5. Krazymale

Krazymale Regular member

Best suggestion would be HijackThis log to post in new thread.

6. Krazymale

Krazymale Regular member

Sounds like you have Brontok virus and the more it kept in your machine the more you will get system shutdown its nasty virus had it before. I will post you the tools to get rid of it, which I tried my self to remove it.

7. Krazymale

Krazymale Regular member

Here you are all Brontok remover tools:
    -AntiBrontokA-en
    -G remover (G DATA Software)
    -Brontok Remover
    -bw (Brontok washer)
    -klwk
    -cav 0.91
    -brontgui

In one zipped file to Download from the following link:
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/7f4ebf/

Once you download unzip the file and start your system in safe mode then run scan with the tools one by one.

I wish you good luck

Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  8. FredBun

FredBun Active member

great thread, excellent advise.

9. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

good guide.

10. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

The only thing i'd change about this post is to go buy a router, because a router is a hardware firewall, and its one less program slowing down your connection and asking you can this access the internet. Oh yah and if you have a router turn the windows firewall on also and you will be safe you dont need zonealarm or any of that unnessessarry crap

11. shuboy00

shuboy00 Member

Quick question, is it possible to install any of the recommended spyware and ad-aware scanning applications (not the firewall and real-time protection apps) on a jump drive and run them on different machines? Kind of like making a security tool-box drive that can be used to quickly scan an infected machine. Thanks in advance.

12. shuboy00

shuboy00 Member

13. Earl1983

Earl1983 Member

Install ANTI TROJAN SHIELD 2 protect u PC)

14. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I've tried zonealarm, wow what a resource hog plus it made my pc run goofy, before spending a lot of time on another, any suggestions on one that does not take up so much resource.

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

You might try Comodo Fred. ;) Remember each system is different so your system might not like Comodo or even has problems with ZA.....

...gm

edit to add link...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  16. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Hi greensman, thanks for the reply, your right, I know different systems can cause different problems or none at all, I tried zone on my 6 yr. old compaq, 2 year old hp, and my nieghbors 2 yr. old gateway, all 3 were slowed down considerably, and my hp went goofy, got rid of it on all 3 and things went back to normal, maybe I was just doing something wrong, whichever not sure, but will definatly give your suggestion a shot, plus there are others on the site you gave, hope I can work with at least one of them, thanks.

17. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

all the download link is for 2007.is there any for 2008??or if i use the 2007 one can i update to 2008 when it is released without having to reinstall it again??

18. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

hey man i got three more tools you should add to your list and definently check out
    bufferzone webbrowser and P2P protection through virtualization and such
    threatfire realtime A.V. using behavioral analogy (can catch "day zero" viruses and malware)
    drivesentry "a firewall for your harddrive" similar to vista's UAC but highly customizable

19. Docarut

Docarut Member

RAV-I know this is old thread but just recently found. I was somewhat frustrated by ZAISS that I installed on new laptop with Vista. The free software seems to behave better with Vista. Thanks for the help!
    Bob

20. Docarut

Docarut Member

I need to add since my last post I found good spam blocker that incorportes with email nicely-BullGuard Spam Blocker. There was some interference with some of the antivirus software but finally working fine with PC Tools free antivirus.
    BullGuard is at www.bullguard.com
    PC Tools is at www.pctools.com
    Just wanted to add those to the thread.