1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday NIght lights on HDD using Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Curtis-P, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Curtis-P

Curtis-P Member

Hi. I used any DVD and DVD decrypter to RIP friday night lights on my harddrive. it's still in 7.8 gig format. when i attempt to use shrink, it gave me the cyclical redudancy error. I have read in the forums that the new Any DVD will get around that. I no longer have the movie in my possesion. is there a way to get shrink to compress my movie without having the disc in my hands again ? or do I need to re-RIP the movie onto my hard drive using the newer software. please advise.
    thanks Curt

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

How did you rip the movie to your HD? (File, ISO, or IFO)
    How are you trying to open it in Shrink? (Open Files, Open Disk, Open Disk Image, or Re-Author)

3. Curtis-P

Curtis-P Member

I Ripped the movie to my hard drive with decrypter in the format of VOB, etc files. and I am trying to open it with shrink using the open files option beside the open disc button.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try using Re-Author and browse to where you ripped the movie. Then drag it from the right window to the left window. This should work assuming you ripped all the files off the original.

5. Curtis-P

Curtis-P Member

It seems to be working, I have just one question about the re-author.
    When i browsed to the movies i have shown a list of folders and then below that list was a list of files under the HEADING : MAIN MOVIE. Did I want to drag the folders aswell as the files over. when i attempted to do so, i was promted with a warning stating that the buttons would be removed and shown as a video clip. i aborted and unselected those folders. was this correct ?