1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ftp to xbox slow, Ftp to PC Fast? Please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by snowgoose, Feb 9, 2004.

1. snowgoose

snowgoose Guest

Hi Guys

got a little problem thats driving me crazy. Just did hd upgrade with no problems, but I can't seem to get any decent upload transfer speed from the PC to the xbox, but I get decent speed from the xbox to PC.

PC-XBOX 40KBPS
    XBOX-PC 5000KBPS

The only thing thats changed is that I have recently set up my sons pc to mine with a crossover cable (I only have an internal modem). When I went to do some transfers I just unhooked the crossover cable from his computer and connected it directly to the xbox, then set up the ftp client, no worries except for this damn upload speed from PC to Xbox.

I actually bought a hub so that all could be connected at once, but am confused about hooking it up with this internal modem, so have yet to experiment. I assume that my pc would go to the uplink port and the others at pos 1 and 2??

Do I need to have the internet firewall turned off? Maybe this affects uploads more than downloads, I don't know.

Any ideas greatly appreciated

many thanks

Glenn

2. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Yep this could be your firewall... try turning it completly off and then if the transfers works great you'll know that this was the problem and then you'll only have to create a Rule to allow connections from and to the xbox

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Also.. If you are using Evolution X as your dashboard make sure that Passive mode or PASV is not enabled anywhere in the FTP program as Evo-X does not support it and will slow you down.

Matt

4. snowgoose

snowgoose Guest

many thanks guys, I'll give that a go and let you know how I got on

cheers

glen