1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Spectrum Warrior F'd up my XBOX mod

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by sonicbuzz, Sep 13, 2004.

1. sonicbuzz

sonicbuzz Member

First off I have a mod'd box with the Aladdin chip anc EVOX dashboard. While starting F.S.W. I selected Create a new profile (I thought this was to create a "local" profile) I started to initiate a xbox live profile. I am not connected to the net so that was not a problem (so I thought. After that the box rebooted into xbox utilities, not to my evox dashboard. I created a boot dvd and can boot and access my game BACKUP's on the HD. I overwrote the default.xbe file and the evox.ini but the box still boots to the ms dash vs evox. ANY ideas????

2. L33

L33 Member

You'll need another evox boot disk like Slayer 2.6 or X-disk, if yours isn't working.

3. sonicbuzz

sonicbuzz Member

I can boot to my DVD but the "game" changed somthing(s) on my HD that keeps it from booting into the evox dashboard. The only real problem is (other that it's a pain) I can't run boxplorer.

:(

4. L33

L33 Member

Strange one. What do you mean by xbox utilities? Sorry, I'm having trouble visulising your problem. Is Evox your default dash when in chip mode?

Can you FTP to your xbox still? If so just put evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini back in your C:| drive.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PAL Crystal LE Xbox
    Stock Phillips DVD (new model)
    Aladdin Advance
    120GB Maxtor
    Avalaunch 0.49.1 / Evox +3925 dash
    X2 4981.06 Bios
    Red eject LEDs
    80mm fan mod (blue LED)
    UV LED power splitter
    Blue jewel CC
    Blue controller port LEDs
    Blue EL wire[/small]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2004
  5. sonicbuzz

sonicbuzz Member

By xbox utilities I mean the Microsoft default dashboard. I have tried the "evox".xbe and a new .ini file. Something is keeping it from even loading the new default.ini. I can try a couple other things, I just thought someone else may have had the same problem or knew what may have happened.
    Thanks,

6. mess1

mess1 Regular member

Evox should be named evoxdash.xbe and should be located in the root of the C drive.

7. sonicbuzz

sonicbuzz Member

Mess1 - THAT's IT!
    The evoxdash.xbe was missing. I had re-installed a default.xbe but did not re-name it.
    The game, in it's attempt to create a new "online" profile deleated this file. Hmmmmm
    I wonder if it was intentional????

OH well. In the course of events I created a boot DVD that allowed me to use boxplorer.

It's all good now.

THANK YOU!.