1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G6DS Real USB Reader/Writer Problem

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Kirby85, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Kirby85

Kirby85 Member

I've got a big problem.. it seems my G6DS Real USB reader and writer plug thingymajig is no longer operational; I plugged it into the usual USB port and got that "Error" sound you hear when inserting a USB the computer doesn't recognize. For some reason the blue light on the reader/writer is on but it isn't doing anything.

I tried plugging it into another USB, and it's asking me to install drivers, which is weird because if I recall it doesn't require drivers to function, as it works like a portable hard drive. I did try to point my browser to the G6DS Real installation disc, but no drivers could be found in there...

So, in short, my G6DS USB plug is rendered useless :( What can I do to fix this?

2. RaahD

RaahD Member

You can only use the reader with the actual G6 in the USB device, as the drivers run off that.

3. Kirby85

Kirby85 Member

I think my reader and writer has become faulty, as I get the same problem on other computers in the house too, I'm gonna get a replacement for it soon though

4. RaahD

RaahD Member

Have you put in into a USB port with the G6 in it? If not it won't work.

5. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

I've gathered that, you're first post spelled it out well enough.

Anyway, good to hear you're getting a new one.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  6. Kirby85

Kirby85 Member

I always plug my G6 into my reader/writer before plugging it into a USB port

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  7. Kirby85

Kirby85 Member

I got an update on my issue.. I now have a second G6DS Real and reader/writer, and it's come to my surprise that it's actually the first card that's the problem, not the reader-writer USB thing. While it can be plugged into the DS and the games can be loaded and played, it will not be recognized in neither the old nor new USB reader-writer devices, whereas my new G6DS card does.

A certain connector not matching? I really don't know, I would like the old one fixed so I can transfer my files over :(

8. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Not sure if it can be fixed or is it even worth it. Check it out with your retailer I would guess. Strange though that the DS recognizes it but the usb reader does not. I would just keep trying to connect it and see if the computer will recognize it, if its just a bad connection. Try cleaning the ends of the card with a safe contact cleaner.
    Thats why its always a good idea to backup your saves etc. every so often.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007