1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gameboy Advance Beginner Needs Help Please!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Noriko82, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

Hey people, i need some help desperately, i just got my first GBA SP unit today and i was so happy after so many years i got an GBA. Its as a present from my friend in china these days but something terrible is happening and i can't understand.

I was playing it for a while then power went out coz it was not fully charged previously. So i plugged my GBA with the charger to walloutlet properly. 220V, i left it there for 1 1/2 and i thought of taking it and playing it while it charges, and while i am taking it, i accidently touched the EXT terminal of the GBA console and i had and 220V electric shock, i was terrified, i removed the GBA as soon as possible, i checked the CHARGER with my multimeter, it is true, it gives an OUTPUT of 220V to the GBA, i was so worried that my GBA is dead, but it is working perfectly, i played, Zelda MINISH cap, for about hour or so and it works perfectly. Please help me people, i need some questions answered,

1.) Is it normal? that means GBA SP Charger is givin and straight 220V output to GBA?, is this electric shock is normal?

2.) My GBA is working well now, that means it's not DEAD because of this right?

please help me out fellas, lemme know if i need to buy a new charger.

2. KaitouAce

KaitouAce Member

are you sure it was a 220v shock? you'd be feeling it for a while if it were...

typically if it still works, you're ok, so i wouldn't worry that it'll go bad later.

last, where are you, country-wise? The US uses 110v from the wall and most others use 220, so it depends where you are to decide if it's ok or not.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  3. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

Yes because i checked the ADAPTOR with MULTIMETER, it shows it gives 220 output, i am living in Colombo Sri Lanka, here we only have 220 outputs. But i am going through this JAPANESE, CHINESE manual which i cannot read, but there is this PICTURE ILLUSTRATION which shows, that gameboy is been fixed to the charger on wallout let, and someonebody is going to touch it, and it shows "X" mark on it, saying NO. Please friend, check ur manual and tell me, because this thing is in totally japanese/chinese stuff.