1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamecube potmeter..

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Scalex, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Scalex

Scalex Member

Hey guys,

I build an duoQ in my gamecube a few months ago and it al works fine.
    Then my cousins asked me to do this to their gamecube so I said ok and did the job. When we started the gamecube with an copied disk in it it tried to load but then it whent back to the menu screen you see when you have no disc inserted ( no error or something just.. the menu ). So I thought the thing coudln't be read so I adjusted the POT meter from 220 to 190, still dint work but the orginal games did work. Then I tried from 190 to 160 and that also dint work.. The last try we did was from 170 to 110 and then the orignal CDs dint work so it is to low..

PLEAS HELP ME CAUSE MY CAUSINS WIL KILL ME IF I DONT GET THIS TO WORK!

Greets A.

ps. how high or how low should the perfect pot be?

2. HG27

HG27 Guest

I've read that most people get the best results using a value of 170-210 ohms.
    Edit: My cube seems to like having it at 204 ohms.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2007
  3. ante0

ante0 Member

I dont really know how to intall the duo chip, but you should see if any cable came loose, if it needs soldering. You mean it goes back to the gc menu, or the bios you installed?
    If the gc menu, I'm pretty sure some cable got loose... I installed a viper extreme recently, and the yellow cable seemed to like to get disconnected. lol
    Btw, what brand of dvds are you using?
    Mini or reg?
    I just found out that reg dvds seem to work better than mini's. I burned the same game on both mini and regular, the mini wouldnt even start, the dvd boots fine without the need of any pot tweaking.

4. Scalex

Scalex Member

I'll keep that in mind :) ( I use small cds and they work just fine on my one but not in his..). But for the loose dreads and stuff.. thats not the poblem. checked it with that Red and Black meter and its all ok.. I'll think ill let them try the big CDs and maby that would work, Thanks

5. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

Dont use CDs, use DVDs :D

6. Scalex

Scalex Member

............DVDS.. CDS.. I mean those round shaped things ok..