1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gamecube soft mod q's regarding media

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by muttyhc, Mar 14, 2007.

1. muttyhc

muttyhc Member

Ok I'm going to soft mod my cube using the sd media launcher, what I am questioning is with the sketchy will work, wont work feedback of mini-dvd's (I can get verb mmc and ritek g04 mini-dvd) would it be better to get a case mod for my cube (the one from console plus isn't viper) and mod it to allow full size dvd-r which I Can get easier and cheaper (already have loads of verb mmc dvd-rs) I hear that the full size ones are better overall quality and work more often than not?

Some feedback would be appreciated :)

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

the g04's should work fine, but the thing is that i think it's just easier getting a case mod (you may also save money overall depending on how many games you backup). cases are VERY easy to install. getting the original off without a gamebit is a different story...
    full-size discs are used more often for multiple reasons, so i believe their overall quality would be above mini-dvd's since minis are less utilitarian. i'm using full-sized $ony 8x DVD-R's right now [don't know the id...], and everything's working fine. i actually don't have a case right now, just an opened cube with a paper clip for the open/close sensor. also, i'm using sdload instead of sd media launcher because i already have an action replay and would rather not pay for another...

3. muttyhc

muttyhc Member

i dont have an action replay myself so have purchased the sd media launcher. Do you have a link to the paper clip method?

4. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

no, but here's a quick look at how i did it.
    [​IMG]

sideview:
    [​IMG]

how it looks with a dvd:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  5. muttyhc

muttyhc Member

so can anyone tell me what verbatim dvd-r 16x mmc 03's perform like?

6. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member