1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamecube w/ XenoGC

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by adren, Mar 21, 2007.

1. adren

adren Guest

Hey guys - just installed my XenoGC chip into my cube and all LED's are good - LED goes red then turns green upon boot up - my cube will boot originals but will not boot backups - I am not sure if I am burning the ISO's correctly or what - using BENQ DVD+R (did the Viper Case Mod as well) finalising discs - not sure what else to do - oh I also tweeked the pot sitting at about 250 right now - any suggestions would help alot - I'm completely new to Gamecube - thanks in advance.

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

I'm willing to bet it's either the media, burn method, or game image.

Would you please be more specific about how you're burning the games and what media you're using? Also, does anything show up on the screen when you try to play backups?

3. adren

adren Guest

Hey - thanks for responding - I'm using BENQ DVD+R dvd's to burn the image - I've tried Nero 6.3 (right click image - select 'write' and 'finalize disk') I've also tried CloneDVD and ImgBurn to burn the image - still won't work - when I put in the disk it spins up for a bit - then spins down and isn't recognized. The images themselves I've downloaded from btjunkie.org and I have about 4 different images I've been trying - hope this helps you a bit more - thanks for your time.

4. adren

adren Guest

On the screen it just shows the gamecube logo - then goes to the configuration screen as if there is no disk in it.

5. adren

adren Guest

Can anybody help with this??

6. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

if the disk is still spinning when you see the gc logo, AND it doesnt give you some error, it justs mean it cant be read, which means...

back to the pot.

i'm at 370, but yours may need to go to 200 or so.

7. adren

adren Guest

Tried the following Pot settings
    180, 200, 230, 250, 280, 340, 260, 195, 150, 100, 130

The cube wouldn't spin up any discs at all at pots lower than 130 or higher than 280 - any other suggestions would be good - I don't even know if I have a good image - they're images I've DL so is there a way to backup one of the games I have and try that image - get back asap - thanks - I'm starting to regret buying a Xeno GC.

8. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Set the pot to 215 or back to it's original value and try some different game images.

Try using these trackers instead.

www.mininova.org
    http://gctracker.mine.nu:800/index.php (best one for GC if you can get a username)
    www.thepiratebay.org
    www.isohunt.com

9. adren

adren Guest

I've tried some different media - verbatim dvd-r and some maxel dvd-r (mini discs) and still no success - when I hold the 'start' button I get 'Xeno GC Shell 1.05' is this normal - pot set to 215 right now - originally it was 170 - I've tried about 6 different images and nothing is working - any more suggestions? Thanks for your time.

10. adren

adren Guest

1 more question - I'm a little confused with NTSC and PAL - I believe that NTSC is North America and PAL is Japanese or Chinese - so PAL games will not work on my gamecube correct? I'm in Canada - I've noticed at least 1 of my images were PAL so let me know - thanks.

11. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

ntsc=us
    ntsc j=jap/most asia too?
    pal=eur/au

ntsc j WILL work on ntsc (as long as you get it to boot). this is because they use the same kind of picture output thingy, so as long as you can get it working, it WILL work. whereas pal uses different methods. more lines, different Hz, etc.