1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by mikey8647, Sep 1, 2004.

1. mikey8647

mikey8647 Guest

im looking to put a bigger HD in my box. I want to know what the biggest one is that someone has put in theirs or a myth that i will test out to see if it works.

2. scottas

scottas Guest

I think the biggest is a terabite. The new bios' available support most any size drive. Buy what you can afford.

3. mess1

mess1 Regular member

The biggest drive that is manufactured right now is 400Gb (Hitachi makes it). You'd have to link multiple drives through a switching system of some kind to do more than that. 400Gb should work just fine though.

4. BenD188

BenD188 Member

no the biggest drive out there is not 400GB... The biggest one is a 1TB Hard drive. Yea i said it, 1 TERABYTE. (THATS 1024 GIGABYTES FOR ALL U WHO DON'T KNOW) Get the 1 TB HD and have a ball. Fill that baby up with every xbox game, loads of DVD's, Lots of CD's, and anything you can think of!!

5. MrHard

MrHard Member

What happens when the tera drive break's????? POT SNOTT OUT OF LUCK.

6. animatt

animatt Member

Ben are you talking about the lacie 1tb drive that is external? I have yet to see any internal ide drive that are bigger then 400gb. I definately could be wrong, if so can you point me in the direction of a 1tb internal drive. The 1tb external drive from lacie appears to be just several hard drive in an external case acting like a single drive. Would be really interested in seeing a 1tb internal though. Well just let me know, thanks

7. BenD188

BenD188 Member

I was just talking about the 1tb exernal made by lacie. You can rig your xbox to make your hdd's external, www.xbox-scene.com shows you how to do it. Theres no internal one that big yet.