1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gaming profile help!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by redZoneOS, Apr 2, 2007.

1. redZoneOS

redZoneOS Regular member

hey guys, so I was doing all kinds of web searching to see if I can tweak my system to give me better performance while I play games online (counterstrike, battlefield 2142)... I created a second profile after copying the first, then changed all my desktop settings and stuff to give me the best performance... After that I disabled all the services I found on various websites that are not required and are best disabled for my gaming profile...

Well, after all that was done, I rebooted. It took nearly 3 minutes to boot to my gaming profile, and after my computer was idle for 10 minutes , I checked the performance of my cpu and it is at nearly 50% or more at all times!

Anyone have similar problems? How do I fix it? Is it even worth keeping this second profile? My games worked ok before so maybe I'll just get rid of this second profile unless the AfterDawn gods can help me a bit!

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Black Viper was among the best when it came to doing service configurations....and until his site is back up and running, this is a copy of that information.

http://www.codecavalier.com/blackviper/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

Chances are you shut down or set a service to manual that shouldn't have been touched.

3. redZoneOS

redZoneOS Regular member

lol actually right before reading your post I found the black viper website and started over. I deleted my newly created profile that was jacked up, and created a whole new one based on directions from black viper. Still having the same problem. There was a section on his website that referred to troubleshooting startup problems that take too long. There was a list of services to re-enable. I enabled ALL of them and put them on automatic. Unfortunately I am still having the same boot up problem... Should I just forget about it?

Also, my sound isn't working either on my new "game" profile.