1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GC noob - Freeloader and Qoob pro

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by skidexa, Mar 21, 2007.

1. skidexa

skidexa Member

I've been looking at buying a GC on ebay for the past few days. Theres one guy selling a GC that comes with a Qoob pro installed. If i get this, what else would i need in order to play backups or iso images of GC games? Would i need some sort of broad band adapter?

Also theres another ebay ad that has a GC that comes with a Freeloader disc, does this allow you to play backups also? or only import games?

Lastly i've read in a few places that you can't directly backup original GC games using traditional burning methods, if i want to make back ups, how is this done?

anyways hope you can help me out as i'm new to the GC scene

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

1. just the cube and qoob [as long as both are working]. the cube's laser may need adjustment. there's a lot of pot adjustment tutorials out there... no worries.

2. imports.

3. you can back them up if you have a special LG drive or similar; most likely, you don't (go to the wii section on more help on this). you could also backup games with the broadband[bba] adapter (see the sticky on backing up games). so i would get the bba if possible/cheap.

3. skidexa

skidexa Member

Ok thanks that cleared up a lot of stuff.
    Too bad someone else used the "Buy it now" option for the GC+Qoob before i did
    I'll problably research into more of this GC stuff.

Cheers for the help dude