1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gcm fixer 1.4 and 1.5 help

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by mrdj, Apr 22, 2005.

1. mrdj

mrdj Guest

Hi every gamecube fans!

Im sorry for my last thread srewed up. anyway i have a littel noob problem i hope anyone can help me with. it goes this simply when i using the gcm/iso fixer 1.4 i get this small fstfix window up like in the link here : http://ngc.gueux.be/modules/tutos/index.php?id=7 (italien language i think) Anyway. when i download the 1.5 one i dont get up that small prompt that shows all command by pressing the .exe file for the gcm/iso fixer :( I guess its a simply solving of this but im to stuped to make it work with the new version lol
    Gladly for any help i can get by this "dilema" i got.
    oh, sorry for my bad enlish, im Swedish thats why...

Greetings/mrdj

2. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

3. mrdj

mrdj Guest

Thanks for responding my question!

Ic, then i shall try that version you linked to instued:) Thanks for telling me how to use the dos window also. I got it work now.

Greet/mrdj

4. lyte

lyte Member

I'm sorry, but what does GCM fixer do?

5. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

It stuffs your ISO full with carbage data...to obtain the original size of 1.427.760 kB! This data is often removed to improve streaming quality trough the PSO exploit. But if you're going to burn the image you're better of with a no compressed image, capiche!

Btw: open your DOS prompt and locate the fstfix_xx.exe. I only use the win32 appy to check if it's really needed.

grtz

6. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

It stuffs your ISO full with carbage data...to obtain the original size of 1.427.760 kB! This data is often removed to improve streaming quality trough the PSO exploit. But if you're going to burn the image you're better of with a no compressed image, capiche!

Btw: open your DOS prompt and locate the fstfix_xx.exe. I only use the win32 appy to check if it's really needed.

grtz

sorry for double post, server lag...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  7. mrdj

mrdj Guest

thanks again, works perfectly now!

greets/mrdj