1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting IO Error When copying Angels/America

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bappling, Feb 8, 2005.

1. bappling

bappling Member

I am using the latest verison of DVD Decrypter and at about 52% I get several IO errors. I have no idea what they mean but then I select ignore and it just freezes up. I can't even get through the copy function. I copied Disk one with no problem.

Thx for any help,
    Beth

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Hi Beth--
    You mentioned that you were successful on the first DVD with DVD Decryptor, so I think what I would do is change a couple of the settings in Decryptor--I had the same problem and this worked for me--

I'd like you to check your DVD Decrypter's settings. First, it should be version 3.5.2.0 Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to "Default". Then in the "General" tab change, "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggressive", in "File Mode", "tick" Remove PUO's." For ripping in the "ISO Read Mode", "tick" "Remove PUO's" there also. in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange" and "On Failure" choose "Yes". . IMPORTANT: In the "I / O" tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says, "Ignore read errors". This is an excellent setting for dealing with scratched discs which may cause ripping problems--Give it a try and let us know how you made out. Good Luck

Whitfield

3. bappling

bappling Member

Hi Whitfield,
    Thanks for your help. It still didn't work so I put the original DVD into my DVD player and sure enough there was a problem with the DVD. It freezes just after chapter 6. I guess it is the DVD. I tried another dvd and it worked great. Thanks for your help I am brand new at doing this.

4. katana27

katana27 Member

whitman thanks for the advice

in regards to the remove puos i hvae vob puos is that what you meant and secondly do i click remove puos in ifo file mode as well?

thanks!

5. bardie

bardie Regular member

Just for interest sake, I/O errors point to the media, like the movie you are trying to copy.
    Alot of movies can be damaged, even new ones from time to time.

6. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

katana27--
    Yes, remove it there also--Have fun--
    Whitfield

7. katana27

katana27 Member

thank you so much, i also made sure the vob puo's where also ticked, thanks again you are a credit to this forum!