1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting the dvd to read correct ammount of space?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sandman_d, Sep 22, 2004.

1. sandman_d

sandman_d Guest

when i try to copy a dvd to a dvdr with my lite-on dvd writer i get halve way through and it says that my dvd doesn't have enough space. It tells me to insert a disk with at leat 4.1gb of space, But i already have a 4.7 in? What is going on? I use the one click dvd copying software with a decoder.

thanx sandman

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

We would need more info of what software you are reffering to perhaps (is it XCopy by any chance)...

DVDRs may say 4.7Gb on them but they are in fact only 4.37Gb large [difference in bytes between asian & wetern markets].

Also are you using decent media ... Ritek / Verbatim / Taiyo Yuden etc ??

Welcome to aD forums btw :c)-~

3. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

herbsman,

It sounds like "Sandman" is using a dvd copy called 1-click dvd. I have heard of it, butnever used it. DVD X Copy should not give a message like that.
    The X-Copy software burns 4.36 GB on most backup DVD's. Interesting problem.

4. sandman_d

sandman_d Guest

Hey guys:

I am using dvd for free as my decoder, and i have also installed patin-coufin layer. I'm kinda wandering if perhaps my dvd writer is not properly installed? I had to buy an internal and then put it in an external adaptor. I appreciate all the help you guys are giving me. thanx

5. sandman_d

sandman_d Guest

ps.... I'm using maxell dvd-r 4.7gb disk

thanx again sandman_d

6. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

sandman,

Maxell DVD's are good. Have you used another DVD Copy process like DVD Decryptor and DVD Shrink. Give them a try. Both apps are easy to use. Lots of guides on AD.

7. sandman_d

sandman_d Guest

Hey guys,
    when I copy dvd's with 1-click dvd the copies come out kinda choppy. Do I need new or differen't media, or do you think that it is the program?

thaNX

8. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

sandman_d,

Attempt to burn a DATA DVD-ROM (Use R/W Media) as a test and verify it.

Download Nero Ultra 6.x trial if you need software to run a test.

Let us know the results.