1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost Recon 2 Backup WON'T Work Please Help !

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by slimadey, Feb 20, 2005.

1. slimadey

slimadey Guest

Hi,

I've been trying to make a backup of my Ghost Recon 2 (PAL) but I can't get any to work, I've wasted about 10 DVD-Rs already.

I've tried Xiso, Craxtion, GDFImage and Qwix but I always get the same result: Message says theres a problem with the disk. I've tried patching the xbe's and I've done it without patching. When I dont patch it just stays on the evox loading screen and freezes. When patched I get the disk problem message.

I cant even play it off the hard disk when copied using dvd2xbox, this way also brings up the disk problem message. I've never not been able to play 1 of my backups one way or another whats going on with this game? I've tried changing the region and video settings but that makes no difference.

Can anyone please help me backup this game its doing my head in.

Thanks

2. slimadey

slimadey Guest

I've tried all the backups of Ghost Recon 2 I made on my mates xbox and every one of them worked so I guess I wasnt backing it up wrong. I've still got a problem tho cos none work on mine. Does anyone know why I'm having trouble with this game. My Xbox is a 1.6 (not sure if a or b) fitted with Xenium Ice Chip.

Every other backup Ive tried in my Xbox has worked except this and Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (Original doesnt work either but works when backed up to the HD)

Has anyone else had problems playing backups with a 1.6 and xenium ice?

3. dj_kush

dj_kush Member

You guys found a solution to this yet?

I've got the same problem - just with GR2.

What a pain in the ass....

I love that game too

Looks like I'll be shelling out the 40 quid :eek:(

4. dj_kush

dj_kush Member

by the way i have a 1.2 xbox with evox m8 bios/evox dashboard

5. AcidC0RE

AcidC0RE Member

Yeah I have a Xenium ICE and a 1.6 box and I'm running into a whole bunch of backups that don't work. They always get to the 'PRESS START' screen and when I press start it just freezes. This has even happened to me on a couple of retail games as well. I have Amped 2 and Top Spin that are original discs and they do the same at the same spot. So it's not just happening to backed up games. Must be something wrong with the Xenium chip. Anybody have any ideas...

6. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

I have had the same problem for awhile now, and after conclusive research, i have began to notice that those with thomson dvd drives suffer these consequences of interrupted gameplay, regardless if it's off the hdd. I wish i had a samsung drive... :(

7. AcidC0RE

AcidC0RE Member

That can't be the reason. I have replaced my DVD-ROM drive to a Samsung modified 616T and I still have the problem.

8. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

What kind of media are you using?

9. AcidC0RE

AcidC0RE Member