1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Ratio and NAT Slow Downloads Azureus Mac

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by Gord7130, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Gord7130

Gord7130 Member

Im a bit new to the P2P downloading and i tweaked my ports and shit and got everything a-okay with my ratio which is above 1 and my NAT is reachable, but my torrents are downloading slow as hell like 1-4 kbs and ive read all the troubleshooting tips and all that jazz and havent gotten anywhere, i know its not bad torrents beacsue my friend downloading the same ones super fast. Only difference is i have a macbook and im using Azureus. My ratio and NAT are both green but my torrent health is always yellow and the speed is terrible can anyone please help me out??????

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

a lot of people have had issues with this this is because of the torrent one person can be connecting at a high speed another at a lower speed this has to do with your broadband connection if your using dialup

then your connection sucks and it will take you forever

3. Gord7130

Gord7130 Member

i am not using dial-up, im on a campus network which i have recently heard that they purposly block certain ports (if thats even possible) so that we cant download torrents, because all we download is "illegal" files.

4. Gord7130

Gord7130 Member

is that true? and now im getting a little bit better connection speed at time 10-20kbs but other times super slow, im getting a 700MB file in at like 24 hrs of downloading, i cvant figure this shit out.

5. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

that sounds like bittorrent sorry it just does this on certain torrents