1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo 2 burning problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by uratowel, Nov 7, 2004.

1. uratowel

uratowel Member

i donwloaded Halo_2_DVD9_PAL_XBOXDVD-DiFFUSiON
    but teh iso is bigger then 4 gb....... and winrar wont extract it .... for some gay reason..... is teher a program that can extract a rar file over 4 gb?
    thanx in advance

2. rfjr23

rfjr23 Member

wrar should extract it and once you extract it it will be over sized you will have to look at what files you have there is going to be something in there that will take some thing out to make it fit onto a single layer dvd or just ftp it to xbox

3. uratowel

uratowel Member

ya but my winrar will extract most of it and at 4 gb it will quit :S.... and say that it wont extract it because its over 4gb.... is it my computer with a problem?

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Check your hard drive properties. If it says that your hard drive (HD) is formatted to [bold]FAT 32[/bold] then it is because of that. The FAT 32 format only allows for file sized to be no larger than 4 GB.

The only file system that can handle a file larger than 4 GB is [bold]NTFS[/bold] but to format your hard drive to NTFS you have to be running a Windows NT based operating system (Win 2000 or XP).

Re-formatting your HD to NTFS will result in a clean sweep of all the files on that HD!

I hope this relieves your confusion,
    Ced

5. uratowel

uratowel Member

diabolos, ur a life saver, my 2nd hdd is fat32 and my 1st is ntfs... werks great god bless!