1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 not working with system link

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by cassgolf, Jan 22, 2007.

1. cassgolf

cassgolf Member

I am trying to system link my softmodded xbox in Halo 2, but it wont see any other games....it does find them when i use XBConnect though....any way that regualr system link can work on a modded xbox?

2. skew

skew Member

Yup system link works on modded xbox.
    I have 2 modded xboxes and link them up to play halo 2 on a regular basis.
    Is the other xbox in your case modded as well?
    even if it isn't I imagine it would work anyway.
    So lets try to figure this out then.
    First off what are you using for a link cable?
    I use ethernet crossover cable, I know that if you use regular ethernet patch w/out a router that it will definitely not work.
    A Little more detail might help i.e. Is the systemlink option available?(I think if you click on it when there is no connection, It just says "link could not be found, check network cable" or something)
    Or can you get to the screen where it says "no games were found" and it gives you the option to host a game.

3. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

ya you are probably usuing the wrong cable because i play system link with modded and unmodded xboxs all the time

4. cearel

cearel Guest

It will work, how are you connecting to xbc switch/router->pc->xbox??? you will need to use a crossover cable to connect xbox-xbox
    and pc-xbox u need one to

5. skew

skew Member

I think you can also do Xbox>Patch>Router>Patch>Xbox.
    Cant you?
    (I just use my 40 ft crossover)

6. cearel

cearel Guest

yes you can

7. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Well if you are using an Xbox that is using a Halo 2 disc and the softmodded one has that same copy of Halo2 on its harddrive then you might need to patch the default.xbe

8. skew

skew Member

really?
    Could this still happen if both boxes were softmodded and ripped with the same game?
    because I have never been able to get Brute Force to system link.
    Its ripped on both boxes from the same disc.but when I go to link, it cant find the hosted game.
    My other games work fine.
    Is there a way to patch the .xbe for this

9. cassgolf

cassgolf Member

I am using a router to connect it. I used to be able to do system link with the exact same setup, but now it can not find the hosted matches. And yes, i can go into the system link tab button, and i can even get XBConnect to work, but when i try to play with unmodded xbox's, I cannot host a game and have people join, and i cannot find hosted games. Would it work if i deleted Halo 2 the is ripped onto my hdd, and rip a different Halo 2 disc onto it?

10. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Well take the default.xbe from your game and put it on your desktop. Then, assuming you have the AIOv2 with all the modding programs, simply open up 'Qwix101' and click the 'Tools' tab. Then click 'Patch XBE' and then locate the 'default.xbe' and simply open it up. The program will do everything and then you can just FTP it back to your Xbox, overwriting the original.