1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 unpacking help!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by idknox, Oct 21, 2004.

1. idknox

idknox Guest

Ok, I just got the Halo 2 folder: Halo_2_DVD9_PAL_XBOXDVD-DiFFUSiON, from bittorrent. Its about 2.9 gigs. Is this the correct folder? Now, in the folder are about 60 rar files, each with the diff-hl2.iso. Is this supposed to be the 4.7 gig file. How can I extract it into the one iso? Once I have the 4.7 gig iso I'm good, I just can't figure out how to get it out. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2004
  2. gametime

gametime Guest

you need to extract part 001 rar file, it will extract the whole file into one iso. butttttttttt, after that the game will be too big to put on a disc. now your going to have to go to torrentreactor.com and get the halo2_dvd5 kit. once downloaded extract the file to the folder the diffusin is in. then click the halo2dvd5.bat file and you will see it do the rest. it will extract it and make small enough to fit on a dvd5. after just burn it. i hope this helps you. it took me a week to figure it out.

3. xbcgamer

xbcgamer Member

Now what program do you use to burn and what type of burn is it just wondering I have used Nero and burned a udf compilation is this right please answer me back thanks.

4. xbcgamer

xbcgamer Member

yea just updating i tried to burn it using udf compilation but at the very end it gave me a "burn process failed" so i was like wtf wtf, now i am gonna try to burn a image is this right of should i do something else thanks you very much this post is sweet.

5. darkbilal

darkbilal Member

did it work?

6. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

use winrar to unpack the rars use nero to burn then KILL!

7. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

the .iso has a password on it if I remember right, and it won't work till you get the password.

8. xbcgamer

xbcgamer Member

hey bout the password it never asked me for one and i every thing to get the dvd5 iso image I have the .iso and i have Nero dvd burner etc.. the only thing i need now is the steps to burn the image to a dvd not ftp just dvd so is there anyone out there that will help me out thanks.

9. darkbilal

darkbilal Member

hey xbcgamer, all you need to do is run the patch, which will remove some files to shrink the iso from dvd9 to dvd5. Then use DVD Decrypter instead of nero.

10. idknox

idknox Guest

All I did was get the iso, extract the files with Xiso, then ftp them to the box. No burning needed. And you should be able to ftp if you're trying to play a burned game.

11. darkbilal

darkbilal Member

That will work too :p

12. AXECLOWN

AXECLOWN Member

yo i got the dvd five and im tryen to get the dvd 9 after i get the dvd9 what are the steps ?

13. AXECLOWN

AXECLOWN Member

o homies what file is this i found it sez its english Halo_2_PAL_FULL_ENGLISH_XBOXDVD-XBSRV.tar

14. darkbilal

darkbilal Member

Probably a fake.

15. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

yeah I heard that someone got a hold of it but yeah it's more than likely fake. but if you want to risk it go ahead and download it.

16. idknox

idknox Guest

Nope, it's real. UK Pal version, with English. Check the NFO. It's good.

17. darkbilal

darkbilal Member

Go ahead & do the deed and tell us how it turns out.

18. clayman24

clayman24 Member

Has anyone gotten the xbsrv halo 2 to work yet? it didnt come with the dvd5 or 9 kit i believe and im puzzled at what to do. Downloaded the ind-halo2 and it extracted an iso that was 576 KB large... the game cant be that small right? help me out

19. darkbilal

darkbilal Member

If I'm understangding you correctly, the file is much LARGER. the file is about 2.8-2.9GB. Dude, I think you downlaoded a dudd.

Look @ idknox post, he's identify what the file is. Read the entire thread and be enlighten.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Behind every great man there's a woman with a knife behind his back.

I'm sharp as a tack and I'm ready to stick.[/small]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  20. clayman24

clayman24 Member

no the file is 2.74 gb to download and when you use winrar to extraact it brings out an iso that is 4.3 gb