1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone tried DVD X Copy from 321 studios?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ColinB, Oct 12, 2002.

1. ColinB

ColinB Guest

This seems a little bit different from your average 'back up DVD to VCD' package. Has anyone tried it?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Ehh.. It's not released yet, not even beta.

3. harvey713

harvey713 Member

You may not be able to get it yet but they're suing a lot of studio owners so you gotta know they got something good going on. My money says they gotta killer product about to go out the door. Of course when it's released we're all gonna wanna poach it.

4. dRD

5. vikodin

vikodin Guest

I've read the articles and I'm not getting it. If it can make bit-for-bit copies of DVD5s, woo hoo, so can DVD Decrypter. The only thing that would make things interesting is if it could somehow automate the DVD9-to-DVD5 process, but I'm not getting feeling that it does that. It does mentions that it'll split the copy across two discs -- just like DVD Decrypter. So what's the big deal?

6. dRD

7. Beas

Beas Guest

DvDXCopy is KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)
    Point, click, wait (usually about 15 min)then point, click, wait (usually about 20 min) done.
    Playable on computer and stand alone DvD player.
    Beas

8. nightfly

nightfly Member

For those of us who just want to rest of the family to be able to make perfect dupe copies of dvd's, dvdxcopy is perfect. Yeah, I could spend the time to make all the copies myself, but this way even the kids can do it and that way I hope the originals won't get ruined. Don't get me wrong, kids are great, but all too often I find the disks laying out somewhere getting scratched up. version 1.2.1 is out, although I haven't had any trouble with 1.1. The recorded disks so far are just memorex, and work fine on panasonic rv26 and apex 3201 set top boxes.

9. DVDPlanet

DVDPlanet Guest

ColinB,

No, but I have bought DVDCopy 3.0 from them and it's doesn't worth a penny. I wouldn't get it if I were you. Unless, you have some money to give away for free, take care