1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have a cd-rw and dvd rom computer, and a Lite-ON Dual Layer DVDRW that plays divx and mpeg4

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by eap0015, Apr 14, 2007.

1. eap0015

eap0015 Guest

Hello everybody. I have a Lite-On Dual Layer DVDR+RW that plays mpeg4, and divx video files as well. I am trying to get burn movies to watch on it but I do not have a dvd-rw, I just have a dvd rom. Is it possible to burn divx and mpeg4 video files onto a cd-r as a data disc and play them in the divx mpeg4 dvd player? I also wanted to ask how can I connect my computer into the dvd-rw player so I can burn movies in dvd format so that any dvd player can read them. Does a cord exist that can do that? I would guess a USB cord with a dv link on other end. What is the cord that teachers in school always used to get what was on their computer on to a tv. I know they would use a projector sometimes. Thanks for taking the time to read this and help out a rookie in the field. -ANDY P

PS- Im sorry if this has been asked before its just my problem is very specific so its hard to go through all the threads to piece together an answer. THANX!!!

2. attar

attar Senior member

This is a desktop machine right?

Use your PC burner to burn your AVI files on to a DVD disk as 'data'.
    If you have Nero, just tell it to make a 'DVD Data disk' and fill it up.
    Don't burn at too high a speed.

If your machine can connect to a PC it would be mentioned in your manual.