1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having problems converting windows media audio/video files

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by gravychic, Feb 20, 2005.

1. gravychic

gravychic Member

hi

i have some windows media audio/video files that i really want to convert to quicktime mpeg4 or divx, ive had a look around to see what i can use to encode the files, but i cant seem to find anything that will encode these files... does anybody know how to do this?

ive already tried a few programs but they couldnt do anything to these files :( they gave either errors, or said couldnt convert

alive video converter
    mepg4 maker
    ultimate encoder 2004
    xilisoft video encoder

thanks in advance

2. Sir-Age

Sir-Age Regular member

Try tmpgenc its a good program for video files.

3. gravychic

gravychic Member

hi

i have TMPGEnc, but it dosnt convert the type of file i want to convert so unfortunately it wont work

i need a program that will convert windows media audio/video or in short i think it is .wmv files

i also have tried a program called UltimateConvertor2004, and it says that anything that plays in windows media player, it will be able to convert, but although my files are playable via win media player, they cannot be converted by the program although the program does recognise them as legit files...

anybody have any ideas? thanks

4. gravychic

gravychic Member

hi

ok after some poking around, i realised that the reason i cant convert these files is because they are protected via DRM (i purchased these files already, they are not stolen or illegal) and thats the reason why they wont convert

this is really annoying, because i own the files, i just wanted to download them to my video mp3 player so i can enjoy them on the bus

ive heard there is a program out there which will crack the DRM? does anybody know much about this?

thanks

5. DaisyLin

DaisyLin Member