1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having problems ftping my xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Saif2000, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Saif2000

Saif2000 Member

Hello good people of afterdown.com i m new to this web site so i m sorry in advance if i mention anything im not supposed to. well first of all i took a cross over cable and put it into the back of my xbox. I dont have a router so i put the cross over wire in the back of my pc. in order for me to do that, i have to remove my internet connection wire because i only have 1 place to put it. i m trying to install evox dash build 3995 and after i hooked up my computer. i put the CD in and restarted my xbox. the disk worked fine but when i looked in the settiongs in evox it under "Network" it said "Type" and beside it, it was blank and the secend one under network was "IP" and beside it was blank too and the third one under network said "line status" and beside that, it said "no link!" any explnation? and when i typed in the nessory info in FlashFXP it said connection failed (no route to hoast) som 1 please help me

2. Saif2000

Saif2000 Member

Please can som1 help me? T_T

3. Saif2000

Saif2000 Member

this web site suck horse SHIT!!!! u gay ppl of afterdawn.com

4. HaloDude6

HaloDude6 Member

...We aren't the good people of afterdown.com, we are the good people of AfterDawn.com. And this website is very hepful, but you have to wait more than 4 FREAKIN' DAYS for people who have this knowledge. Someone who doesn't know the answer to your question could look at this post and would not be able to reply, because they have insufficient intelligence on the topic.
    Also, we aren't gay. If you're looking for action(you gay bastard), look somewhere else; this isn't a dating site.

Now to your question (Great, I already wasted 5 minutes... Thanks a lot)... You have to have an Internet cable because your Xbox needs an IP Address.(Internet Provider Address... and how can you not have router? Where do you get the cable - the cable that goes to your computer - from?) I would recommend getting a 3(or more) port Ethernet switch(one for the Internet cable, one cable to your computer, and one to the xbox)