1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having problems with dvd+r's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gohan420, Aug 8, 2003.

1. gohan420

gohan420 Member

i try to burn a dvd with nero and dvdtocopy.
    but all the programs are telling me that i can only use a dvd+rw. why is that? i used dvdshrink to get the vob's then tempg aurthor to get the video_ts file. thats when i try to brun the backup and thats when the program tells me to put in a dvd+rw. thats my problem thanks for your help.

2. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

Do you have an older drive by any chance? The first generation of +R writers could only burn re-writables and not write-once media. Bizarre, but true.

I took my Phillips 208 back to PC World when I found that out.

3. Discmania

Discmania Active member

When you have the files from DVD Shrink just drag them one by one into Nero (DVD-Video option) and burn directly. That should work. You don't need to use any other programme after using Shrink.

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

When you have the files from DVD Shrink just drag them one by one into Nero (DVD-Video option) and burn directly. That should work. You don't need to use any other programme after using Shrink.

5. gohan420

gohan420 Member

which file do i drag all of them or just the video_ts. and if just the video_ts is that contain the whole movie or just the movie?

6. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

If I use DVD Shrink, I have it put everything into a new folder called VIDEO_TS (not video_ts; some DVD players won't read it if it isn't in caps.)

I use Record Now, but I move the entire folder into the file selection to burn.

7. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You should drag all the files - Nero sorts them out before burning but you can also put them in a new folder as Ken suggests especially if you want to keep the folder on your HD.