1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HC or CCE - which is the better companion?

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by jlrm365, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

The question was mine to ask and has been answered as I asked it.

If others require more information, they are more than welcome to post.

Otherwise, if a more specific question need be asked, a more specific thread may be created.

I have not at all stood (and do not at all stand) alone, as its number exceeds this one.

Balance has been achieved, as this forum presented the case for CCE.

I have chosen not to go with it, but it's been good to read the thoughts and ideas of users.

More information than was necessary has been presented and all questions answered.

No more need be said, the thread may pass and I thank the first posts for their information.

2. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

@jlrm:

Definitley no offense intended, but you are more than welcome to unsubscribe from this thread. As Sophocles said, there are more viewers that will, probably, in your opinion (and mine), "beat this dead horse." As a long-time member, I'm sure Sophocles has seen it countless times. The aim is to provide as much information as possible to eliminate the need for new threads. Undoubtedly, new threads WILL appear. Many even asking the EXACT question you did originally! But we will try to make this one as informative as possible nonetheless.

I hope my tone doesn't come across as taking sides, but you've got to let the information flow. Be thankful no one tried to hijack your thread. LOL... Anyway, I am positive that you will find the results of HC satisfying. Had I had a more powerful/faster computer when I first started encoding, I may have used HC even more!!!! I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

I am a member of a couple of other forums as well (and a "lurker" in many, many more), and I won't hesitate to point a poster to a specific thread elsewhere if it is the best source. The HC versus CCE question is so opinionated and varied in preference. Just get both!!! LOL I use both as well as Procoder2. I like to play!!!

Good luck!!!

Edited for punctuation

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  3. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I do not know you, for any words to cause offence. You may take your own advice.

This one has been informative to the point it has more than answered my original question(s).

I should be thankful someone didn’t hijack the thread? What for?

As long as the hijacker had something to ask about Rebuilder, which had not already been covered in the thread, it would be constructive and welcome.

I would be happy to abandon the thread and let the person run with it.

Progress is good.

At the moment, all of my questions have been answered and no more information is required.

---

Indeed the debate is opinionated. I could see that more here represent CCE than HC. More on another forum represent HC.

I found their arguments and angles more persuasive.

Thanks for the info.

Job done ;)

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

jlrm365

I browsed over your thread and noticed you came to make a statement rather than ask a question. Obviously you were at least partially misinformed by your secret sources. Sophocles pointed out HC is not native to RB, just another supported encoder. Some people were using RB/CCE before the handy installer came about to make it easier for beginners. They remember such details from experience. HC came later. I don't debate the quality of HC. I've tried most of the supported encoders from Basic to the old 2.5 SP through to the new CCE SP2, including HC. I'd like to know who is making statements on the superiority of HC over CCE and on what forum. Links to supporting, credible sources would go a long way to support your assertions. It appears you have no desire to make that knowledge public so the info and source can be reviewed. HC is good, but for different reasons CCE and ProCoder are better. Sophocles covered that information for you already.

We appreciate your dropping in to tell us how much you are sold on HC. No offense, but you appear to have come with your mind already made up. You'll have to forgive us if we don't take your statements as fact. Apparently you're going by suggestions from a source you're ashamed to expose. From your statements it appears you've not even tried the program. So you have no room to question anyone's experienced opinions until you show some sources and have done some actual work with the software on your own. With your being sold on HC (before even using the program) and considering all others inferior, your future statements may be suspect. Your intentions for this thread already are.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  5. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I end both the subject and first post (thanks aside) with a question. Need it be clearer?

No argument has been based on the words of this other forum, so there is no need to quote it and I choose not to.

This appears to be a forum too and so I am able to question whomever I choose, though that person is as welcome not to respond.

Which program am I meant not to have used? CCE?

Information is valuable. Personal issues are not.

All questions have been answered. Thanks to those who chose to contribute!

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

jlrm365
    Hiding preformed opinions behind questions couldn't be more clear in this thread. Giving unfounded opinions after asking your questions leads to questions about where you got your information. That's how forums work. I don't think that could be more clear.

You came to make a statement. You did. You hide where you acquired your limited knowledge. As far as relevant input, you were closed to it from the beginning. Everyone will end up using what they want. Most users who frequent these help threads are experienced and already pleased with their choices, except those honestly seeking help. What is clear is that your opinion was made before you started this thread and your mind closed with no experience. You got an opinion you didn't like, so then you convieniently close your original question as you have your mind. Most of us here try things before giving judgment. You're ashamed to tell where you gained your opinions and you've yet to try any of the software. I can see why you no longer want to talk about it. I've given my experineced opinion and have no more to say. I'm left preaching to the choir as you're not likely to want to hear a thing against your opinions. Have a nice day.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  7. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

It would be better to ask questions, than to make assumptions, especially where intent is implied.

One might otherwise assume an edited post to be the sign of an unsure mind.

A question was asked and it is not possible to be more open.

Which program I am meant not to have used, is an issue that remains unanswered. It is just as well.

It has been repeated that I am ashamed, as though such repetition will cause it to become true, and so I repeat:

No argument has been based on the words of this other forum, so there is no need to quote it and I choose not to.

Unless another user has fresh questions to ask on the subject, the original question(s) have been answered and this thread has run its course.

Thanks!

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome. Have a nice day.

Note, no need to edit this one. LOL

9. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

"and have no more to say"
    Indeed.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Just as well, we have no idea where it came from. ;) You'll like the HC encoder and may like some of the others when/if you give them a try. From your own words you never used the program before.

Still wondering about that secret forum, but that doesn't really matter. Hidden sources are your business and if you don't think they can bear scrutiny, then why should we?

11. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

"Still wondering about that secret forum, but that doesn't really matter"
    It never did.

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

jlrm365

Perhaps the only real debate left in your mind is the one where you believe that you can start a thread and then end it at will as though you have an on and off switch. You can most certainly start a thread, but "once the rabbit is out of the hat" you can't put it back in. You gave it a name and a subject and now the rest of us can continue the debate with or without you.

If you feel that your question has been answered then by all means leave the thread, go in peace and never look back. But that's not what you're doing because you seem to also believe that you need to get in the last word. I think that the debate is going to continue for a while, and there is no need to start another thread as you've suggested, this one will do just fine.

What many of us have discovered is that some encoders seem to do a better job with certain movies. I believe that I've already mentioned that there's a general consensus among RB users that Procoder does a better job with interlaced video. In my RB General setup I have CCE, Procoder, and HC all ready to go and I've ran tests against them all going back about 3 years. I think that your support for HC encoder is laudable. It is a wonderful and free encoder, but it hasn't yet arrived to a point where it can supersede CCE or Procoder. When it does I will be ready to make it my primary encoder.

Cheers

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

From your posts it obviously made a big impression on you. You read a few posts you liked from your secret forum and suddenly needed to come to AD and show you know more about HC than members who worked with jdobbs from early beta testing. All that without ever having used the software (at least according to your post). "I have seen responses, on another forum, that have preferred HC for quality. I will most probably start with it and see what happens." I just wish I could find such credible forum info. Are you sure you won't share with a fellow forum member? Like I said before, I'm sure you'll like the HC as much as you already do.

Have a nice evening.

14. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

"(at least according to your post)."
    It has been according to nothing, other than assumption.

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Truer words ... Glad you agree with me. ;)

DVD RB forum is no mystery. Opinions vary there as well, but the consensus is CCE and ProCoder are superior. Or is your mystery site a mysterious one you never joined? Those google bots are something. ;)

Enjoy the HC and have a nice day. Tell us how HC and CCE compare when you've learned to use the software. It's so easy even a novice can use it.

I'll give you the last word, or end with your words. You came to us with "all the info needed" and now can't leave without having the last word.

lol

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  16. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

Another edited post, I see.

"Glad you agree with me"
    I did not agree with you, on that point. I do not agree with you, on that point.

It was your assumption, that I have no experience with the software.

"now can't leave without having the last word"
    You had earlier said:
    "have no more to say"
    Evidently.

Indeed it seems you "can't leave without having the last word".

Respond and underline both that sentiment and your hubris.

I doubt that you have the strength of character to resist.

17. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Since you've started acting juvenile and become argumentative with no thought to converse in a decent manner, and want to make the issue personal, I have no more to say to you.

Have a good day.

18. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

"I have no more to say to you."
    Just as you earlier had "no more to say", I am sure.

19. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

jlrm365

You've had no more to say going back several posts, but that doesn't seem to have stopped you from saying it. LOL

You started a thread and now you want complete control over it, which is evidenced by the fact that you want to retain that control down to the last post.

If you want it to end then don't say that's what you want only to return time and again.

CCE and Procoder are both better than HC encoder, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a good encoder, it means that there is room for growth. Now live with it and move on.

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Double post.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.