1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD backup - Can you burn a copy of a copy?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Ffred, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Ffred

Ffred Member

[BOLD]Hey

I have backed up a movie i do own with dvd shrink, then made a copy with nero.(4 year old kills our dvd's) Anyway, can you use dvd XCopy plat to make a copy of that backup, or nero? My questio is, when you remove CSS encryption from the original to make the backup, can you then make a copy of that backup?

thks

2. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

don't think u can do that w/ xcopy. not sure about nero. u CAN make a copy of a copy w/ dvdshrink, clonedvd, dvd2one, or dvd decrypter.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  3. Ffred

Ffred Member

Which versions of dvdshrink,clonedvd,dvd2one and dvd decrypter do u use? or recommend?

thkx

4. Rustol

Rustol Guest

You can make a back-up with Nero. One thing I found on my computer, it won't back-up with DVD-R. I have to use DVD+R.

5. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Here is an easy newbie way to do it. Use dvdshrink it will just make an exact copy of the copy just fine.

6. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

newest version of dvd shrink (it's free), newest version of dvd decrypter (also free), trial or purchased version of clonedvd 2, not sure about dvd2one. never used that one but it will copy a copy.