1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD support on Sony DVP-N3628P

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by redtrex_3, Jan 20, 2010.

1. redtrex_3

redtrex_3 Member

Have a Sony DVP-N3628P which has a usb port. I have been using a WD 1TB HD on it since i brought it with no support problems. A couple of the movies i have on there were quite stutterie so decided to format the drive and put the movies back on from the originals. once i did this i got a NOT Supported msg (formated in NTFS) read some threads that said it should work in FAT32 so i reformatted the HD to Fat32 but i still get NOT SUPPORTED msg on the dvd player. I didnt take any notice of the setting befor i did the inital format thinking that there would be no problems. spoke to sony who said it should have not worked in the first place and sony only garrente flash drives compatability. anyone have any ideas on why it worked in the first palce and how i can get it to work again. Hard Drive is a WD Elements with its own power supply

2. rogue20

rogue20 Regular member

Sounds odd, were there any WD files or folders that were on the drive when you bought it, before you formatted it.

Did you assign a drive letter when formating back to FAT32, it obviously detected it before you formated the drive, I think if you erase any important files or folders that came with the drive, these may be hidden, you may be able to download them again from WD, have you tried there forum if they have one.

Does it work on your computer, sorry I can't help but I'm sure there's a solution if it worked before.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  3. rogue20

rogue20 Regular member

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  4. redtrex_3

redtrex_3 Member

Got it sorted, Had the drive formated as FAT32 logical drive needs to be FAT32 Priamry Partion

Cheers