1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDD Swapping problems...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Jeebiss, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Jeebiss

Jeebiss Member

Ok I orgianally swapped my xbox HDD with a 200gig HDD made using HDDMaker off of xbins. I used the techfreaks tutorial. I then later realized, doing this only worked for HDD under 130 or so gigs. So i kept reading around, and found another guide to swap HDDs. IT involved changing the evox.ini file. It said to enable the F and G drives to support an HDD over 130 gigs. SO I followed the instructions, and I made a boot disc. I ran the install option off the boot disc. Now when I turn my xbox on I get a 14 error... I cant boot the disc either. WHat is the problem?

2. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

just format the hard drive over again and when you get ready to fix that problem make sure you go to system and enable G and F drives

3. Jeebiss

Jeebiss Member

The disc wont read in my xbox, how can I format it again?

4. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i have never really made a hdd with hddmaker, but i am assuming it has your "eeprom", if it does, just copy over your "c" and "e" folders to the linux dir of xboxhdm 1.9, then copy "eeprom.bin" to the eeprom folder in the linux folder and create a new boot disc(i believe it is something like "make-win-iso.bat" or something) and then rebuild your drive from scratch. if you need anything, just pm me. i have pretty much run into any problem and recovered from make a hdd for my box.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007