1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hellllllp!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by coachman, Feb 1, 2005.

1. coachman

coachman Guest

Jesus this sucks. I've now switched to alcohol 120, burnt a cd perfectly. When i go to burn the dvd the darn thing says, "recording failed", "something is wrong with the recording procedure", "write error". This is the second time its happened tonight. I was only 38.1 percent done. Whats going on? I didn't think this would be this tuff or i'd have never bought a coaster maker.

2. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

3 things...

1. Need details
    2. more details...
    3. See 1 and 2

;)

No seriously a good place to begin would be what kind of media are you using, system specs, are you trying to backup a protected disc.... Tell us everything. :)

3. coachman

coachman Guest

The disc i'm trying to copy is a video_ts disc. Its a copy made off tv from my state championship game. I'm using dvd-r 4.7gb with a max 4x. I have a pent. 4, 256 mb of mem, with 16.1 gb free. thanks for responding. This is becoming very frustrating for me.

4. coachman

coachman Guest

I guess I should add that I also have sonic my dvd and record now dx installed. I run windowns xp.

5. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

Did you read the FAQs?
    I'm not far from newbie status myself and I found most every answer I needed so far has been addressed repeatedly and in great detail by searching.

That said...
    What burner hardware do you use?
    Have you tried the software that came with your burner?
    What media brand are you using?
    Have you tried NOT using max speed and seeing if that solved the problem?

Thats the minimum I can think of for us to start to try to help.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  6. coachman

coachman Guest

I'm using maxell. I've only tried burning at max speed. I can't see to figure out how to use recordnow dx so i tried Alcohol 120. I did a test run and it worked perfectly, but when I did the real deal it flopped.

7. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

Post all your system specs, etc like Weird007 asked please.

8. coachman

coachman Guest

the only thing I can think left is I have a pentium 4, 1.6 ghz.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Are you trying to copy the disk on the fly? (from one DVD ROM to your Burner)
    Or are you copying the original to your HD first?
    Also you need to look at the original disk (the file structure) Did you copy this from the TV using a DVD video recorder? How exactly did you get the wrestling onto the DVD? We just need a little more in depth details on what you are trying to do (step by step) We can't read minds here, well not all of us anyway :)
    Help us help you OK :)

10. coachman

coachman Guest

I'm using alcohol 120. I believe it stores the image file on your hardrive them i'm pulling it off. The game was recorded off the tv with a dvd recorder. The program starts th e burning process then it'll quit and say "write error". "Something is wrong with the recording procedure." I've noticed that my buffer fluctuates then right before the burning quits it maxs out to 100 percent for a while then the burner will stall and quit. Does that help any? thanks for the attempt.

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

12. coachman

coachman Guest

Still doesn't help me.