1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help a Noobcake with DVD Authoring/ need suggestions

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by john10304, Apr 10, 2005.

1. john10304

john10304 Member

Hi guys. I am new to the whole authoring thing. So far I know how to take and backup one of my dvds so they can play on a dvd player.

Now, I was wondering. How do I take movies I get like (dot)avi and put them on a dvd so they can play on my dvd player at home?

What do you use, and is it easy?

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i hears you bud i hears you! you want free! you want quick!

well get divxtodvd and load the .vi in and it will output vob/ifo/bup then burn those suckers in nero useing the button ADD-VIDEO tab place all files in the folder it makes called VIDEO_TS and bob's ya uncle!

hows that for ease...

3. bjj

bjj Member

d/load it from vso its great software and its free couldnt agree more dude

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

this isnt free but it does have a 30 day trial period.If you want to add menus etc and want to add that bit more to your projects try tmpgenc dvd author after you have encoded with vso divx to dvd.

You can download the trial version at

pegasys.com

software description:

TMPGEnc DVD Author Online Manual

TMPGEnc DVD Author is software that can change (author) your MPEG-1/2 files to DVD-Video format. You can author MPEG-1/2 files based on the DVD standard, from either DVD-Video made by a DVD recorder, or video captured on a PC.
    In just a few easy steps, TMPGEnc DVD Author enables you to change the files you want to put on your DVD.

Moreover, setup of a multitrack DVD, create a DVD menu, switch between main audio and sub audio mode etc. can also be performed easily.

The DVD-Video files outputted by TMPGEnc DVD Author can be burned to a DVD±R, ±RW using the DVD Writing Tool. Users who have a writable DVD drive can thus create their own DVD-Video to be played on their DVD player.*

*It is necessary that your DVD drive supports writing (burning) on DVD.
    *It is also necessary that your DVD player supports DVD±R,±RW media.
    *Double layer DVD writing is available on double layer writer unit equiped system only.
    *AC-3 encode and decode implies TMPGEnc Sound Plug-in AC-3 is installed and validated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice:
    Please read the manuals that came with your PC, editing software, encoding software, writing software, and your capturing device.
    When creating a DVD, make sure to use writing software that specifically supports DVD format

5. SUKIE

SUKIE Member

stay with vso, i do not like tsunami one bit, converting takes way to long , vso is what i use and i find the quality you get out, is realy the quality you put in.

its absolutely fine.

people sometimes just like to be seen to be using a complicated application for fashion reason, then anything else.

i prefer function over form myself.