1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Help] A question about a picture

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by demonicme, Oct 16, 2005.

1. demonicme

demonicme Member

Here are the pictures (pictures were not done by me so credit goes to the artists that did them).

Examples:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The question is how do I draw pictues like these? The pictures look like they're done on computer and the artists say they're done on photoshop. So the real question (sorry, very bad at explaining) how do i get my pictures to have that kind of effect? The way it looks like it's done on computer - purely on computer and is a computer graphic. Oh wait... are these pictures actually done on computer or are they just drawn then scanned into the computer and edited with photoshop?

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time^.^

2. demonicme

demonicme Member

Anyone? Any help/tips are greatly appreciated!

3. demonicme

demonicme Member

anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

4. chromesn

chromesn Guest

ok, assuming they're not scanned in (which is probably the most cost effective way to go, ie: draw the pic, scan as .jpg, open in photo or paint shop, edit, color, so on), the only direct way i know to get them to comp is use a drawing pad peripheral.

like a WACOM Digitizer II (which i use. love the thing). i'm sure there are others.

the problem with these is they tend to be very expensive (over $500 usd for top of the line models). there are some fairly cheap ones availabel, but i can't say how good they are.

with these, you basically use a magnetic pen to draw (or trace) the pic you want. you can switch color palettes, so on.

hope this helps.

5. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

i think its done like the simpsons, the do it on a sheet of acitate paper then put it on top of a sort of light box thing and a camera is set up on a pole or something to capture the whole image perfectly, then they touch it up a bit.

anyways it not that hard to do it with a pencil, chalk pastiles, 1/2" soft brush.

!!thecraigc!!