1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help adding new partition to windows xp or adding more space

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by KiNtArO01, Nov 24, 2007.

1. KiNtArO01

KiNtArO01 Guest

basically what it says well i was getting sick of windows xp first of all so i went ahead and used my windows xp installation cd and created a partition of only 9 for my windows xp then i left the other like 60 gigs for the Linux Ubuntu i was gonna install so i go ahead reinstall xp on the 9 gigs for windows xp just incase it gets screwed up and i installed Ubuntu and started it up but shi# it wont lemme on the internet it wond detect my modem it basically sucks in every way so now im stuck using my 9 gig windows partition which sucks i neeed more memory im almost out i went ahead and deleted ubuntu and left the space raw untouched so i wanted to know how to add that space to my xp a new partition like a d: or e: of maybe just add all the space to my c: drive any help will be appreciated greatly thank you

2. jony218

jony218 Guest

If you just want to reformat that space and make it into a d: partition, you can do that from within windows.

open control panel/adminastrative tools/computer management/storage/disk management and from there you can just format that empty space and make sure you label it, otherwise it won't show up in "my computer" . Just remember everytime you load a large program/game you install it in the d: drive instead of the default c: drive. Otherwise your c: drive will fill up quickly.

If you want to resize your c: partition to take over the empty space, you need partition software to do it.

3. varnull

varnull Guest

@ KiNtArO01

can you possibly post details of your undetected modem please.?
    with info about how it was connected and (if you can remember) any things you tried to fix the problem..

We are building a database of supported and troublesome hardware in linux so your details will be helpful.. Thanks

4. KiNtArO01

KiNtArO01 Guest

thanks ill post the info about my modem shortly on linux forums but thanks for the help with makin more space very helpful ^^ =]