1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help. Alcohol 52% not running iso file

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by akitten, Apr 10, 2007.

1. akitten

akitten Member

I mounted the file on to the virtual drive, it opened and I installed the game after inputting the serial.. the music kicked on and there was an options screen on what part of the game I wanted to play.

Then I got an error that said the dvd was not in the drive. please put the dvd rom back n the drive and restart the application.

Why is it doing this and how do I fix it?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The message looks like a CD/DVD-check, i.e. the game checks you have the original media in the drive and, if it isn't, shows you this error messasge.
    Usually those games cannot run if you don't put the right CD/DVD in the drive (and an ISO image isn't enough, the ISO format hasn't enough information to satisfy the necessary checks. You would need a diferent format, like a CloneCD/DVD or an Alcohol 120% image format).
    Therefore, you have two options:
    1) put the original CD/DVD in the drive
    2) to keep your CD/DVD in a safe place, apply a NO-CD/DVD patch (so the game runs without the CD/DVD-check) before playing.