1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Can not uninstall Nero 8 Demo

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Ksea, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Ksea

Ksea Member

PLEASE HELP!!! I installed Nero 8. Everything worked great! I really liked it. We were at the store and I bought it thinking I could go home and install it. When I got home I went to the control panel and started to uninstall Nero 8 Demo. Oh my gosh!! It keeps coming up with taps with things I do not understand. Here is what they are saying:

1. "Unable to load licensing subsystem. Please re-install the application."

2. "The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

3. "This program requires the file Adrrcntr3.ll, which is not found on this system.

4. "Error accessing the OLE registry."

I do not know what they all mean. Here is what I have done so far. I have tried coming back to AfterDawn and reinstalling. It starts up with those tabs again. I have tried to uninstall with the program where I installed it from After DAwn.
    I have tried to install the Nero 8 that I have bought and it will come up with the same.
    Now I am sooooooooooo upset that I cant burn or use Nero for anything. It wont come up in programs anymore but it shows in the control panel under Programs and Features.
    I am fairly new at computers and its hard for me to understand.

I have a new HP Computer with Vista. AMD dual processor 4800+ and 2.5 GHZ Ram 1918MB

Can someone please help me and use laymans language?

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

To properly uninstall all entries related to any nero install (6,7 or 8) and be sure they're gone, simply run the clean tool found here:

http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-cleantools.html

When the uninstall is complete using the clean tool, reboot the PC.

Now install nero 8, hopefully all will go well.

3. nutjohnny

nutjohnny Member

I have the same problem. I downloaded the uninstaller and that also fails with an error accessing ole registry. Any idea how to get rid of nero 8?

4. Ksea

Ksea Member

I finally got success! I managed to go back in (took a few times) and reinstalled the Demo on line. Then went back in to it and there is an option to uninstall. It worked! I used the clean tool anyway but I dont know if it did anything. I installed the new version 8 I bought and everything seems to work fine. Thank you very much for your help. This site is great!! Now I just have to learn to use it.

5. nutjohnny

nutjohnny Member

I still can't do anything, can't uninstall it, reinstall, edit the install, nothing. anybody have any ideas?

6. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

nutjohnny,

The cleantool should of gotten rid of nero, but if you're still not able to remove it completely, you could try a systen restore. Try and restore the the OS to a time before you installed nero, if it completes successfully, nero should be no more.

7. nutjohnny

nutjohnny Member

the cleantool gives me the same error as every other single thing I try to do with Nero "error accessing OLE registry". What a piece of crap, never using Nero again.

8. Russzilla

Russzilla Member

system restore didn't even work for me.

9. regor

regor Regular member

Hi Ksea et al - Something similar happened to me with Nero 8 and this same/similar runtime error. I'm posting so others realise a potential cause and effect and remedy.

I recently installed Nero 8 trial wich is reportedly a full package albeit time bombed to expire after 15 days. I then purchased a license and activated the trial version to full. I logically (although some may say I have none :) went to the Nero download site to look for updates, of which there is one, but it apparently is a binary duplicate of the trial version 8.1.1.0. I'm not certain they are bit for bit the same, I did not check anything other than size and version, nonetheless installing the so-named update on top of the trial package rendered this runtime error. I tried this twice so I'm pretty certain I am correct.

The remedy was un-installing and then re-installing just one of the binaries, it matters not which.

files on Nero download site:

Nero-8.1.1.0_eng_trial_wch
    Nero-8.1.1.0_eng_update_wch

I hope ths post proves useful to someone.

R

edit: I did verify, fwiw, that the MD5 Checksum for both downloads are the same.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  10. nutjohnny

nutjohnny Member

saying uninstall and reinstall doesn't work for me, I can't uninstall to begin with. I can't uninstall from my pc or through the uninstall tool. How the hell do I get this thing off my computer?

11. gilli4

gilli4 Member

Ksea, thanks for the info. It worked well for me, too.
    Using the Nero installation to uninstall still gave me the error message that it couldn't access an OLE object but it continiued uninstalling anyways. I also used the cleanup tool afterwards and at least it seemed to remove some remaining settings and such.