1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Can You Trim a SVCD After It's Been Encoded?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Melb_Chik, May 30, 2004.

1. Melb_Chik

Melb_Chik Member

I used dvd2svcd. The file is 843817 KB and wont fit onto an 80min cd. i tried nero overburn, it didnt work. i just want to trim the credits off the end. I dont want to reincode the whole movie again It took 6 hours! The 1st disk (1st half of the movie) fitted fine it was 813857 KB.

2. brettski

brettski Member

You can always use TMPGEnc to split/edit your svcd/mpeg2 file. Go to "File" > "MPEG Tools" > "ADD" (add your file) > "EDIT" > "SPLIT FILE" and edit off what you want.
    Or a much quicker, and in my opinion more accurate, reliable mpeg/mpeg2 editor/splitter is "Womble MPEG-VCR".

3. Melb_Chik

Melb_Chik Member

Thankyou! That worked a treat, I looked for a solution on the net to no avail.
    I wish DVD2SVCD hadn't done that in the first place, I selected for it to burn onto 2 80min CD, but the second file was just a little bit too big, is that normal an/or preventable?
    Cheers.