1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help convert DVD's to DivX - for Archos gmini400

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by johnlintz, Jan 8, 2005.

1. johnlintz

johnlintz Member

After searching through the forums on afterdawn I found a post on how to convert DVD's to DivX using DVD Decrypter and AutoGK.

I am having difficulties and getting confused with all this decrypting and converting as well as the huge number of different formats and programs there are.

So can anyone please help me with the folowing ?

1 - I have used DVD Decrypter (in IFO mode) on a DVD which created 16 vob files (VTS_01_VOBID_001_1.VOB to VTS_01_VOBID_001_1.VOB) on my hard drive.

But when I use AutoGK to convert the vob files to DivX it only converts one vob file !

How do I get it to convert ALL 16 vob files into one DivX file ?

2 - Which is best... DivX or Xvid ?

3 - I am doing all this decrypting and converting because I have an Archos gmini400 which plays DivX or Xvid files.

For the few DVD's I have successfully put onto the Archos I set the file size to be 1400 Mb.

Is this the best size to use for the Archos gmini400 ? Or can I get it smaller whilst still maintaining good quality ?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  2. buraku

buraku Member

for the archos, a smaller file size usually works best. i prefer xvid also. and make sure you have the pocketdivx utility. most essential piece of software out there for the gmni, and its free!!