1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP - Converting mpegs to vcd or dvd - please guru's need your divine wisdom

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by snowmaaan, Aug 25, 2004.

1. snowmaaan

snowmaaan Member

Hi guys

I have some 740mb or so video's on my HDD that I want to put on VCD or DVD to watch on TV

How the hell do i do this????

I have looked around and can't work it out
    I have:

DVD Shrink
    DVD Decoder
    AVI Codec - dragged one file in then, and says V.codec name is: XVID MPEG 4

Also have Nero 6

Please, need your help big time!!!!

Thanks

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

1) If you have any movie, prepare first the correct .MPG with TMPGenc (PAL/NTSC, VCD/SVCD - but the SVCD is less compatible with any DVD player and it occupies more disk space; more, it needs a high quality input movie or you don't gain anything...).
    If the move is an .AVI, keep FFDshow as decoder installed. If the movie is a .MPG no problem should occur (well, if it's a MPEG-1. If it's a MPEG-2, like the ones from a SVCD or a DVD, it's harder because you cannot use TMPGenc if you don't convert the MPEG-2 to MPEG-1 first, using Womble MPEG Editor, for example)
    3) Create a .CUE/.BIN for a PAL/NTSC VCD (or a SVCD) with VCDEasy then burn it with the application that you like most (or burn it directly with VCDEasy, if your burner supports CDRDAO).

This is simply my choice. Some other people use VCDGear, I never saw it..
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2004