1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help finding a dvd player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by uberxan, Feb 5, 2005.

1. uberxan

uberxan Member

(I realize this msg has become hopelessly long, in short I need a dvd player with in-built tv-tuner that outputs to s-video/composite and it will be great if it can output directly to the 2.1 comp speakers I have)I previously had a sb audigy 2 nx and ati tv wonder usb 2 and a creative 2.1 speaker system and with them pretty much everthing I asked for was there. But all those wires and everything made my notebook into some kind of desk"book". I managed last semester since I didnt need my notebook much but it got too cumbersome this semester. and this semester I bought my old xbox back from home and an ordinary cheap 20" tv after selling off the sound card and tv tuner. I need a dvd player that has a tv tuner and outputs via s-video/composite and also it will be great if it can directly output to the 2.1 comp speakers I have. Thanks in advance.

2. uberxan

uberxan Member

I searched to some extent I see I may have to buy a dvd recorder so far I have seen only those things have RF input. But since my xbox will play dvds and I am no need of a dvd recorder I guess I will settle for a vhs based recorder and use some old extigy to connect between xbox and stupid computer speakers

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  3. uberxan

uberxan Member

This place is pretty helpful. Thank you very much. I am an idiot(all I had to be is just cool instead of getting obessed with stupid issues such as this), I finally figured out I can connect the audio cable directly to my speakers I only need decoder for 5.1 so that just takes any need for vhs or dvd player. So now all I have to do is buy a HD pack from ms and connect the component to my tv and the av directly to my speakers. Case over. Thanks for all your help.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005