1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help I keep bruning Coasters...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Krushin, Mar 7, 2005.

1. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Jim dandy, are you following me? I can hear this heavy breathing over my left shoulder.... LOL

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

no,thats not me LOL

3. tmog

tmog Member

I did not recommend, nor did I endorse Memorex. Get the record straight.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Actually in tmog's defense the +R Memorex have been known to work well. Now I don't endorse Memorex and I stay away from them, but I have read a lot of people having good backup's with the +R format here on AD and elsewhere on the net. I would never reccomend Memorex to anyone because of there overall track record. Tmog is also just stating his/her success with those disk's I don't think they were saying to use them, and anyway this is a forum and we all have are own opinions it is up to the reader to figure out what advise best fits there situation and if they simply did a search on Memorex they would find that they probablly don't want to touch that media with a 10 foot pole!!

Now on the other hand Tmog there is no need to yell and it is against forum rules so you may want to edit your last post (take off the caps) :)

5. tmog

tmog Member

Thank You BBMayo for your support & defense. You are absolutely correct in your statements. Now, I would like to know what media to start buying that isn't a brand name and is lower in cost?
    What has everyone else used for over a long period?
    Isn't all media basically the same?
    Are there major definitive differences?

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I would suggest you read up here http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

This should help you understand the differences in media and how all media is not created equall!! I wouldn't put a lot into there ratings though until they update there findings. That was posted in Sep 2004 so it is a little out dated IMO as far as which media is Tier 1 and so on. Because media seems to change a lot. One that hasen't is Taiyo Yuden and is almost 99.9% sure going to be a good buy. As far as buying media that isn't a brand name I wouldn't recommend that to anyone you are really taking chances with no name media. Some people have had good luck with elchepo no name stuff, but I would question how good it will play later on down the road?

7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

My apologies. I mistakenly inferred that you were recommending them. It was the "end user thang" that got me!

8. tmog

tmog Member

I'd be willing to try Taiyo Yuden DVD+R. Where does everyone buy them from? Online? What site? etc...

9. tmog

tmog Member

NP Pulsar.. Just seemed like everyone started attacking me on my comment I made at once about Memorex. I think I'm going to try Taiyo Yuden. Do you like those too?

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

www.supermediastore.com

11. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Never used them, but they get a very good rep. Memorex & Afterdawn are not happy bed buddies!!!! As well as Roxio!!

12. xtra

xtra Guest

I use Memorex DVD+R 8X and have never had a problem. I burned The Grudge, The Forgotten and I am curious to try Shark Tale. I am not recommending Memorex but I have had no problem with them. But then again it may be because I have a Memorex 16X burner. lol

13. xtra

xtra Guest

I was just thinking, some DVD players won't play certain formats. I got a Zenith 443 and it will play all formats. DVD+/ - RW. I looked for a player that would do them all.
    Some won't play the - format and some won't play the + format. The operating manual of the player will tell you what format it will play. Just a thought.