1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help installing VFAPI Codec

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by OniLink55, Jul 24, 2003.

1. OniLink55

OniLink55 Member

I downloaded VFAPI Version 1.05 and clicked on the "vifpset" file. I believe that installed it fine. I'm following the converting a DVD to Divx in 16:9 ratio guide. And I'm at the part where it says load Virtual Dub, go to file and open and open up your pseduo.avi file. I can't seem to open anything because it doesn't recongnize them as avi files. The guide says if it won't load you installed the codec wrong.

How do I install the codec then if double clicking on "vifpset" isnt it?

Thanks.

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Well from what i know that should work...Try reinstalling the vfapi codec.

3. Drizzit

Drizzit Guest

Ok first off you installed it correctly!!

Sorry in advance,if I state the obvious!

Make sure you installed VirtualDub correctly by clicking on the AuxSetup and install Handler, then click exit!!

Next, Go to DVD2AVI and click on the DVD2AVI.exe and opened DVD2AVI! Leave it open then install the VFAPIcodec the way you did previously, this worked for me!!

Also, make sure the VFAPIcodec is installed before you make a .d2v file with DVD2AVI, or it wont reconize it!!!

Now after VFAPI is installed you make a .d2v file with DVD2AVI! You need to do this first, then click on the VFAPIconvEN.exe in the folder where you've unzipped the codec to!

After it Opens you need to click the "ADD JOB" button find the .d2v file you created and the select it, change the Files of Type to DVD2AVI(*.d2v), then save it where you can find it and click RUN!! VFAPI will convert the .d2v file into pseduo.AVI.

Then use this newly created file in VirtualDub! It's name will end in something like "movie name.d2v.vfapi.avi" and will look like an avi file.

Hope this helps!!
    Driz

4. OniLink55

OniLink55 Member

Thanks a lot, I'm not sure if it works yet but I'm going to try it now. One thing that you said was you have to install it before you make the AVI file. And I know for a fact I did it after so I bet that's my mistake. I will hopefully reply with good news later today.