1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP my xbox,s tray is messd up HELP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by zachaqsw, Mar 23, 2007.

1. zachaqsw

zachaqsw Regular member

HELP okay i stoped my halo 2 disc with a butter nife [first time] and i didnt like now what to do next so i hit the eject button and it didnt come out so i got the tray out a litle bet with butter nife then i messd with it got it the rest of the way out and then i had to put back on that tray open and close belt thing [its like a little black rubber band] and it opens and closes pretty good but on my modded[my xbox is modded] dash its says it always open it doesnt play games because the xbox thinks the trays open and it kind of opens and closes by itself kind of but if i press the eject buttton 3 times in a row it says closing for a second then gos back to open ..when i turn it off and back on and like hold the game in the tray and wait tell it gets to modded dash it says empty for a second then gos back to open please HELP

2. jmanbig

jmanbig Member

hey sounds like u broke a button that tells the drive its closed unless u know how to fix this ur going to need a new drive i have a few i could send u if ur in uk p.m me if u want if ur in us pm me and i'll send u a like to a site where u can get 1.

hope this helped JSM

3. quagpeter

quagpeter Guest

All i can say is u messed up your xbox and get new one and just mod it again.(sorry couldnt help you much but I dont know much about that i just mod). But for future advice when it gets stuck dont stick a butter knife in it, no offense.

4. jmanbig

jmanbig Member

there is no need to buy a brand new xbox just get a new dvd drive thats all you need dude

5. zachaqsw

zachaqsw Regular member

i fixed it... the problem was that the drive wasnt comeing up high enough so disk wasnt spining or reading

6. jmanbig

jmanbig Member

ok good 4 you dude thanks for letting us know n at least u know not to use a knife next time lol

have fun playing lol