1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...No sound after FDISK

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by xklante, Oct 2, 2004.

1. chrobak

chrobak Guest

Dear, CJC
    Ok it went on my computer and i double clickedd but a whole bunch of files just opened. I checked if my sound works yet but it doesnt. so i need to install it somehow but i dont knoe how. A whole bunh of files just opened up

2. chrobak

chrobak Guest

I trie to go setup but it said cannot finish because it cannot find viaudeo.dll

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2004
  3. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

Ok, so it extracted a whole lot of files.

Is there one thats called Setup?
    If so double click on it and it should install.

If not, Right Click on My Computer, then go down to properties

Now click on the Hardware Tab, then Device Manager.

Now You should see something like Multimedia Device with a yellow ! at the beginning.

Right click on that and go Properties, now select Update Drivers.

Follow the prompts and point to the Directory where the files extract to.

Do it to all of them if there is more then one.

CJC

4. chrobak

chrobak Guest

It said cannot install this hardware. It said cannot find necessary hardware

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

6. chrobak

chrobak Guest

Too confusing i cant find the driver i want, cant i just change something on the device manager because there is the little ! by mutimedia but its not lettin me open it is there a way i jus could?

7. chrobak

chrobak Guest

Too confusing i cant find the driver i want, cant i just change something on the device manager because there is the little ! by mutimedia but its not lettin me open it is there a way i jus could?

8. chrobak

chrobak Guest

9. chrobak

chrobak Guest

IT was too confusing there. I couldnt find [the driver i wanted. Is there any other way i could op[en the multi media thing on the device manager with the exlamation point?

10. CJC

CJC Regular member

OK...

If you have the downloaded file i said to download earlier. Tell it to Extract to C:\TEMP

Now, go into Device Manager and Right Click on the Multimedia Device, then go Properties.

Now click on Update Driver.

If you have SP2 installed, on the Connect to windows update, select No, Not this time then click Next.
    If not, dont worry.

Now click on the Install from a list or specific location (advanced) then click Next

Put a tick only in the Include this location in the search: then click browse

Now select the folder where u extract the files which should be C:\TEMP then click Next

That should then install the drivers.

Do it to all the Multimedia Devices if more then one.

CJC

11. chrobak

chrobak Guest

Dang, Same thing happened i did what u said extract files to folder C:\TEMP. then i went into the device manager thing and presed update, went to advanced, clicked teh extracted folder C:\TEMP and it still said it couldnt find it

12. chrobak

chrobak Guest

Dang, Same thing happened i did what u said extract files to folder C:\TEMP. then i went into the device manager thing and presed update, went to advanced, clicked teh extracted folder C:\TEMP and it still said it couldnt find it. Sorry to bother so much but its not working.

13. CJC

CJC Regular member

14. chrobak

chrobak Guest

yes im sure i downloaded that and i only have like 1 multi media device. I read my cpu booklet and it said i have a motherboard disk that came with it but im not sure which 1 it is. Would this be any helpful.I have a disk called mainboard.

15. CJC

CJC Regular member

Yep, thats the Disc

Put that in the CD-ROM Drive and it should auto Start, select the Audio one and follow the prompts, it will then want to restart.

You should then have Audio.

CJC

16. chrobak

chrobak Guest

ok, i installed audio from that disk. But my sound still doent work.

17. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

Has the Yellow ! gone from Multimedia now ?

Go into Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Device.

Does it No Audio Device up the top or a differnt name ?

Can you move the slider under Device Volume ?

CJC

18. chrobak

chrobak Guest

on mutimedia there is a question mark(yellow)but there is also a little yellow! on it. And its the same name of the audio device iv had, and i could moe the slider around but its on high

19. chrobak

chrobak Guest

WAit the sound device is different it used to be vinyl something and now it is Via something

20. CJC

CJC Regular member

What does it say in Device Manger, when you right click on the Mutlimedia Device, does it have an error number or message ?

Are you sure the speakers are plugged in the Lime Green plug at the back of the computer?

Is the sound working, if you can move the slider it should...

CJC