1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...No sound after FDISK

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by xklante, Oct 2, 2004.

1. chrobak

chrobak Guest

Ok, my speakers are plugged in for sure.And when i put that disk in (mainboard) it took the sound device back to the 1 I had before. Now it lets me update it, but it updates it back to tehg vinyl that I just had and nothing happens to the yellow!.It wont let me update Vinyl any further it just says cannot find hardware. Right now i have via something and thats what I had before.I mean now i could update it but it updates it back to the one I just had.(Vinyl).However, the yellow ! still doesnt go away.And iv been able to move the slider. When I try listening to music it is playing but i dont here anything.O YEAH does this matter. I had the system Fat32 before i reformatted. Now it upgraded it to NFTS.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2004
  2. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

It doesnt matter if its Fat32 or NTFS.

Usually if you can move the slider, it should work.

Ummm.... What does the message say when you right click the Multimedia Device in Device Manager and then go properties?

The device is working properly, the device is unable to start... etc.... then it should have an error (error xx)

CJC

3. chrobak

chrobak Guest

It just says the drivers for this device are not installed(code 28). The manufacturer and stuff are unknown. Then it tells me to reinstall driver and when i try that it says CANNOT INSTALL this HARDWARE.BUT NO ERROR POPS UP.And driver date is unnavailable,Driver version is unnavailable, and signature isnt digitally signed so something is messed up right there.Thats probably y there is a question mark and a yellow! by it.

4. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hummmm.... im out of ideas then.

Do you have like a TV Tuner card or something in your computer that you dont have the drivers installed for?

Cause that will say Multimedia Device.

Umm, just go into control panel, then multimedia then make sure the volume is up full, and in Volume Advanced, they are all up. Then turn your speakers up.

ummm, apart from that, you have tried with your motherboard disc, and the ones i told you to download, im all out of ideas.

CJC

5. chrobak

chrobak Guest

ISnt there mabye somewhere i could get anothere sound driver that might work?

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what windows are you running??

7. chrobak

chrobak Guest

8. ddp

go to the link i sent you than pick audio than via vt1612a audio codec than it goes to next page which has version 570d nov 15 2004 & then download & install

9. chrobak

chrobak Guest

That didnt work eithr

10. chrobak

chrobak Guest

Do u think u knoe y there is even a yellow question mark and ! there.

11. ddp

delete the device & click refresh & see what happens

12. chrobak

chrobak Guest

so i delete multi media and where do i click refresh

13. ddp

is there a tab along the bottom marked refresh if not go to add new hardware & run that & see what happens

14. chrobak

chrobak Guest

already tried after i deleted it does the same thing it says cannot find hardware.

15. chrobak

chrobak Guest

but i heard some1 said somethin bout downloadin some kinda msg thing but i dunno wat that is.

16. ddp

msg thing??? can you explain a bit more so i know what you are talking about??

17. chrobak

chrobak Guest

i dont know wat i am talkin bout, i jus went to a diff forum chat, and some guy said somethin like his friend emailed him this msg thing an it ixed his sound.

18. chrobak

chrobak Guest

this is wat he wrote- Login

Hey thanks heaps to DocJP, who reposted the msg from Haze about fixing the audio, had reformatted my pc several days ago and couldn't get audio, finally found this msg, a friend who i'd asked for help emailed it to me which was a lifesaver. The main thing i'm posting about tho, is that aswell as that, I also have in the Device Manager, and when rebooting comes up as new hardware... a problem with one called "Video COntroller (VGA Compatible)" whenever I try loading drivers etc. it just won't find any..it comes up saying "Can't install hardware, wasn't installed cos wizard can't find necessary software" I have no idea what this one is or does..what it's for or what software is needed...when double clicking on it in the Device Manager window, it says: This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)..........Thats kinda wat is happenin to me

19. CJC

CJC Regular member

Ok, go into device manager, rightclick on the Mutlimedia Device and click uninstall.. dont restart yet, now go into the Sound part of Device manager and uninstall everything in there aswell without restarting (you wont beable to uninstall the codec's).

Now restart the computer and when it asks for the drivers, point to the C:\TEMP (where you extracted the files from the download i said earlier on in this thread)

See if that works.

CJC

20. chrobak

chrobak Guest

hey but when i extracted to C:\Temp, it makes me brouse and then minimize the temp folder than it gives me a list of cpu sytems like xp so i clicked on it an it brought up C:\tempWinxp but that didnt work so i dunno wat file i should put in. And whn i putC:\TEMP it said it does not exist so mabye i did something wrong with that and mbye thass y its not workin tell me how to do that part?