1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gggophers, Nov 10, 2004.

1. gggophers

gggophers Member

Ok, I'm COMPLETELY new to all this, and also quite stupid with it too.
    I have a lite-on sohw-8325 and I have no idea what type of media to use, or how to make back ups of my daughter's DVD's.
    Any help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
    Thanks

2. john179

john179 Active member

I use datawrite - x4 media with the Ritek die which are pretty good discs.
    Have a read through a few of the guides at this link

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

This will give you a detail look in to how to back up Dvd's.dvdshrink and dvd Dycrpter can be downloaded from the software section free or charge.These are probably to of the best softwares around for backing up dvd's.Once you have had a good look around the
    site we will be glad to answer your questions.

Thanks
    John179

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

gggophers,
    The budget media I have had best performance and results with is branded Ritek Ridata dvd+r (media code Ricohjpn R01) with my SOHW-832S.

4. gggophers

gggophers Member

I have already downloaded DVD decrypter, though am not 100% sure how to use it. Which is easier, that or DVD SHrink?

5. kchev

kchev Regular member

You will probably have better luck with +R media with a Lite On burner.

I don't think you will be disappointed if you try the discs Mort81 recommended either. I tried some of them and they scan just as good as Taiyo Yudens I have.

6. plywood9

plywood9 Guest

Hello gggophers, i'm new to this also.(checkout SCUBAPETE's Imformation, he's a great person. as far as DVD SRINK and DVD DECYPTER they are great and easy to use (after the first time you get them set up it's fine) and FREE........you don't need any additional burning software$$$ as far as blank MEDIA i took the advise of scubapete and bought (RITEKG04's Shiny Silver) from http://www.Meritline.com. They are cheap and have free shipping as well. I;m learning aswell these people here are great help..........

7. gggophers

gggophers Member

ok, what i need to know is exactly how i go about using this thing (DVD DECRYPTER) I'm really pretty lost. Also, are the GO4s strictly -R, or do they have +R or will it even make a difference?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004
  8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I would just use dvd shrink to rip, compress (if needed), analyze, and encode. Then you can use dvd decryptor to burn if you don't have nero. Dvd shrink does not have a burn engine incorperated into its software.

Ritek G04'S are strictly dvd-r but since your dvdrw is a lite-on I would go with branded Ritek Ridata dvd+r's I have much better performance with +r media and my lite-on SOHW-832S.